“Sons wedding” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Owen Sound
GreenLeadersSilver level
Marathon, Canada
“Sons wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

We recently traveled to Owen Sound for our son's wedding. We had never been there before, and there was construction in town, and it took us a bit to find the hotel. Front desk staff was friendly and it wasn't very long until we were in our room. Needless to say it was a busy weekend for us with the wedding, and reception, but we enjoyed having the hotel room to relax in when we could.
The room was incredibly clean, and the beds were very comfortable. There was a fireplace in our room, which was very nice and added a nice ambiance. There were a ton of towels in the bathroom, and my daughter especially liked the heat lamp.
Our son's reception was also at the hotel, and I would like to say they also did an excellent job with that.
Typically, this was a bit more than what we normally spend on a hotel room, but we did enjoy our stay.
The included continental breakfast was very nice, offering a lot more than most other places. The restaurant staff were polite, friendly and helpful, and treated all customers with the same courtesy.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Dyefamily1998
0496, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay, responded to this review, 19 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on trip advisor. We all do our best to ensure all our guests enjoy their stay with us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the wedding services we catered for your son. It is comments like yours that make it all worth while. We post all comments from trip advisor so all our employees can see them and gives them the recognition they deserve from our guests.
Again, thank you for your comments and do have a great day
Lorne Sarmiento, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

The hotel was in a nice quiet spot right on the edge of the bay where you could see across to the other side, room was fairly nice, although a little expensive. the water view rooms are more (which I stayed in)

Room Tip: Water side rooms are nice
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
0496, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on trip advisor. We are pleaseed that you enjoyed the view of the bay and were pleased with your stay. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.
michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

We recently stay at this hotel for one night and was very satisfied . Upon checking in , they learned we had never been to this area before and supplied us with a packet of information on the area. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. We did have dinner there and enjoyed our meal while looking out at the bay. I will definitely stay there again when I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
0496, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay, responded to this review, 12 September 2011
Thank you fpor taking the time to post your comments on trip advisor regarding your stay with us. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.My employees and I do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests and it is comments like your that make it all worthwhile.
Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Lorne Sarmiento
Guelph, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

We called the day in advance and at the request of the front desk to call the day of for an early check in. We wanted to change.

I have the highest status in Best Western Rewards (I believe its called Platinium) and I have yet to get any benefits or upgrades in any of the Best Westerns including this one.

I was told in the morning of the day we were driving up that our chances were very good but they had a wedding and the wedding guests would be getting first priority for early check ins.

I wonder why even bother to continue to stay at Best Westerns when my Platinum status seems to do no good. After arriving at the hotel we were told at checkin (I believe Sandra was her name) that a room was NOT ready for us (we needed to change for our own wedding we had to go to). She went on to explain that 4pm was checkin and I explained that I was told earlier that it was not likely going to be a problem (we arrived at noon).

She said patiently again that 4pm was checkin and they would take our cell# and call us when it was ready. 4:30pm was the time of the receiption and we were really not too happy. She did give us a small bag of chips and a bottle of water as our "Platinium gift".

We were about to turn around and head to the wedding without checking in when at the last minute we were told our room was ready. Thank heavens. But I must say I was not treated in a very friendly welcoming manner and I felt that being a Platinium member really was just some sort of useless status that meant nothing.

I have been a member for years at this status... I keep asking each Best Western for an upgrade and I am always told the same thing... nothing available.

The breakfast option was a hot breakfast ($3.00 off) which we went with. The french toast I had was not very good and rather tasteless. But it was food and we were starving. It is convenient though and the continental is included in the price of the room.

The room itself was very clean and quiet as I had hoped. A good working fridge was included. Owen Sound does not have a lot of options so I would still probably stay here again but don't expect them to bend over backwards for you.

I did read another review on the early checkin issue. 4pm checkin? Really that is later than any hotel I have ever seen. 11am checkout. Thats five hours to get a room ready. Maybe they need to hire some more housekeepers. They even at times (weekends) demand you stay 2 nights if you call directly (Travellodge does this also in Owen Sound)but if you go through the internet that rule is not forced on you.

Sounds like Owen Sound has too few hotels and too many customers so the owners can pretty much be demanding if the want to as you don't have a lot of choices to stay.

We felt like we should be honoured to have a room rather than a valued customer.

The beds were not that comfortable in my opinion. But it WAS clean so hats off the the housekeepers. Maybe they need some more lessons on talking to customers at the front desk.

Room Tip: Book WAY in advance or you will be charged a lot more money for the same room
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
0496, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay, responded to this review, 2 September 2011
Let me start by thanking you for posting your comments on trip advisor. I must apologise in the way our front desk agent handled your concern. It is difficult to gurantee early check ins when we have a full house the night before. Not all our guests adhere to the 11 AM check out and this makes it difficult for our housekeeping staff to stay on schedule. Each morning we check our special requests and try to accommodate as many as possible depending on the room type desired. We understand that it can be very stressful when you have an event to attend. On those days we do have a full compliment of staff on in order to satisfy all our guests to the best of our ability. Being a platinum member your request should have been one of the first to be accommodated. I am disappointed in the way our front desk agent handled this situation and I will forward your comments to my front office manager to ensure this that all employees understand the value of a Platinum member.
Again , I apologise for the way your request was handled and I do hope that you will continue to support the Best Western Chain.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

Not much to do in the hotel area, too far to walk to town but our room was wonderful. We had a king room with a water view. Very quiet so we had a great night sleep. The restaurant was so busy because They had a wedding reception plus the restaurant guests. The waitresses were still very friendly and we appreciated that. Will be back!

• Stayed August 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
0496, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay, responded to this review, 30 August 2011
Thank you for your lovely comments. All our employees are proud of the hotel and do everything in their power to ensure our guests receive the cleanest guest rooms and that customer service is number one. At times it can become stressfull especially in the restaurant when we have a full house and everyone arrives at the same time. I am proud of our employees and the great work they do and it is comments like yours that make it all woth while.
Thank you again and we do look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Owen Sound
23.6 km away
Waterview on The Bay
Waterview on The Bay
#1 of 4 in Wiarton

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay? Share your experiences!