All reviews indoor pool new flooring changed hands under new management hockey team small kitchenette great night an overnight stay great sleep bed was comfortable fridge and microwave complimentary breakfast yogurt motel channels upgrades
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Walking in the door unpleasant odor. Find sand in bed sheets first night. Also found the floor was not vacuumed. Staff rectified this quickly.
Breakfast was shared tubs of peanutbutter and jam filled with bread crumbs glad there Tim Hortons near by.
Night 2. After a day out at the lake come back to the room to find Pee all over the toilet seat. Management cleaned it up. But I couldn't stand the thought of making my family stay for a third night so we checked out the next morning.
Hot tube and pool I would give 5/10 hot tube could use an update. Hallway carpets and door you would not want to touch security door that won't lock. And continental breakfast that screens food poisoning.
Never again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Staff was very friendly and helpful, room very clean and meet our needs .
I would highly recommend this place and consider staying here again.this place was nice and quiet. Pet friendly as well . Thanks again

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed in this place with a family of 4. This place is absolutely filthy and completely overpriced. The corridors stink, the parking looks like a junkyard. The wallpaper in the rooms peels off....
Don't believe in the pictures on the website. Next time we rather go camping if there is no other place available in Party Sound

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Booked at this hotel and it was downright gross and their customer service doesnt exist. The rugs in the hallways stink. The hotub in the pool area wasnt working so we booked a room with a hotub. We went for a swim in the pool and the sign saying the hottub was out of service was now gone. We asked the lady worker if it was functioning. She said it was and we could use it. We were sitting in the hotub and the gentleman worker came by and actually yelled at us to get out. We explained that the woman worker had said it was working. My husband smokes and would go outside for a cigarette.
Every time he did, the older male worker would shake his head and look at him with disgust. Everything at this hotel is outdated and or broken. The icemaker was broken. The hot tub was broken. The pool was dirty and looks like it hasn't been cleaned in years. The hottub in the room is also very Loud. Before checking out, staff tried to enter the room twice while we were sleeping. When my husband went to the door to find out what they were doing, the employee asked if we needed towels (around 9:40am). By 10:30am, the employee tried to enter the room again! This time he asked if we were checking out. Checkout is at 11:00am. Do not book here. They are rude and extremely disrespectful to patrons.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2018

As an avid motorcyclist, I average 35-40 nights in a hotel between May and October each year in Canada and the U.S.. This weekend, I joined five friends on a 4 day, 3 night ride thru northern Ontario, with our final night here. This hotel has set a new low, sinking to depths I have never seen. The ridiculous room rate was $220 +HST/night per room, prepaid on booking and NO REFUNDS.
The hotel is visibly old and run down and in need of extensive renovation and repair. Garbage is piled everywhere including broken furniture and a microwave right outside one of our rooms, an old stained mattress up against the building, and other piles of garbage everywhere.
Inside our 3 rooms:
1) Water stains/and blistering on ceilings and walls from obvious water leaks
2) Curtain rods falling out/off the walls and cabinet doors held shut with rubber bands
3) Dirty stained carpets and holes in the drywall. Places where holes were repaired were painted over in paint that is not even close to a match.
4) Bed linens clearly not changed between guests as hair was found in beds, dirty stained pillowcases. One of our guys got out of the shower, grabbed a bath sheet off the rack only to unfold it and find it dirty and obviously used.
5) Previous guest’s shavings left in a sink for the next guest to clean.
6) A coffee maker with the filter basket full of coffee water, a used filter bag and a used Q-tip clearly missed or ignored by staff.
7) We would not go near the pool or hot tub.
The included breakfast was fruit loops and cornflakes, a few plastic containers from the local grocery store of powdered donuts, mini muffins and a loaf of bread. Horrible coffee was luke-warm in an older carafe and served in Styrofoam cups and milk was in an unrefrigerated pitcher. The “staff” in the breakfast area wore flip-flops, pajamas and t shirts, and one was holding infant. Hairnets, gloves, hand sanitizer or a hand washing station was nowhere in sight.
It appears to be a family run (mom and pop) operation with little or no hotel experience. There is obviously no pride or attention to detail or work ethic involved here.
I spoke with several other guests who were just as appalled and disgusted by the facility. Worst. Hotel. Stay. Ever.

Unfortunately, I did not book this facility or plan this trip. When I do, I rely tripadvisor Canada, to help me find my accommodations. I am providing this review to help you just the same. It may also inspire the brand to investigate and hold accountable the facility owners and their staff. Safe travels!

Room tip: At another hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends