“Such an incredible gem! ”
Review of Sumo Sushi & Grill

Sumo Sushi & Grill
Ranked #5 of 77 Restaurants in Pembroke
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Went for a lunch here and it was such a humbling experience to watch the one woman do it all! She was absolutely amazing! The portions here are not like other all you can eat sushi places- they are much larger! To see one woman cook serve and make sushi and have our entire meal take less then an hour (we order a substantially amount of food) was amazing! Will definitely return

Reviewed 25 June 2016

My dad kept pumping up this new sushi place in Pembroke, and we finally had a chance to try it on our most recent visit home. Amazing experience and superb food! All the rolls were delicious - fresh, crisp, and vibrant! Ask for the mango, cream cheese, smoked salmon roll - so yummy! We were also blown away by maybe the best beef fried rice we've ever had - a slight char from the grill brought all the ingredients together so well. This place had a high bar set before we even walked through the door and it surpassed our expectations! A true taste experience hidden in my home town!

Reviewed 15 June 2016

I was so disappointed, I gave it one star because the staff were great, the food no so much. I do not believe I will return to this Sushi Grill.

2  Thank Angelheart69
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Last night my boyfriend and I were in Pembroke and were pretty hungry after white water rafting all day and decided on AYCE sushi at Sumo after reading the reviews here.

The sushi was delicious across the board as was the hot and sour soup (it looked homemade). It's not fancy big-city stuff like we can get here in Toronto, but it was fresh and delicious all the same (she actually owned a restaurant in Toronto at Yonge/St Clair for years).

The owner is really friendly and came out and chatted with us for a bit -- she's a lot of fun!

She also makes these incredible dessert "sushi" rolls...my boyfriend had a taste of the peanut butter chocolate one with whipped cream and said it was incredible. We were both way too full to order any though (didn't know these were on the menu) -- they are her own creation and I highly recommend saving room for an order! The next time I'm in Pembroke, I'm definitely going here and saving room for dessert:)

Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

Was in Petawawa this past weekend with some co-workers. We decided to check this place out as we all love Sushi. The owner is funny, friendly and the food was amazing. If I'm ever in in area again I'll definitely be going back. If your a sushi fan this is one place to have to try, 5 stars hands down!