“Excellent buffet”

New Star Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 80 Restaurants in Pembroke
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: New Star Restaurant specializes in Chinese cuisine, and provides a wide variety of menu options. Perfect for large groups and family, New Star Restaurant supplies daily lunch and dinner buffet. Take out is also offered alongside delivery. With excellent service, New Star Restaurant is surely the place to be for local Chinese cuisine. We are fully licensed.
Reviewed 22 May 2016

We went for a late lunch on a Friday. Only one other table in use when we arrived around 2PM. Buffet was hot and had its usual wide array of Chinese offerings. To the side of the hot buffet is a table that is split about 50/50 between salad items and desserts. Unlike many Chinese buffets, the New Star does serve coffee (quite good coffee). Most of the items were unchanged from our previously reported visit in Oct 2015, but the honey garlic spare ribs were particularly excellent today - I went back for seconds on these.
Prices were unchanged from last October. Open 11AM to 9PM every day. Takeout available and they offer a 10% discount on takeout over a certain cost. Beer available. Their spring rolls are still inferior to their egg rolls.

1  Thank The-Sandman2

Reviewed 19 May 2016

My wife and I have been to this restaurant many times , we have always found the food to be fresh and tasty. The atmosphere is good and the staff very friendly. My wife has to use a walker and they go out of their way to make sure she is comfortable.
We have used their takeout service on several occassions, and this also has been very good

1  Thank Brian C
Reviewed 17 April 2016

Majority of the food wasn't hot.
Service was O.K. Waitress was professional.
The interior atmosphere is aged
Average pricing not a super deal.
I wouldn't go back
Dessert were dry and awful

1  Thank Larry G
Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

Standard Chinese fare. Above average for Pembroke but below average if compared to a larger market. Prices are suitable for the venue.

1  Thank Caroline S
Reviewed 29 March 2016

This place is interesting - from the outside it looks like the seediest run down place, but I was pleasantly surprised when I went in there. Let us also be honest with ourselves - this in NO WAY is high quality food - the food itself is not gourmet, not even too well made, but it was definitely tasty when you are hungry. They have good fried chicken, and unlimited portions. The owner or operator likes to make sure the place is clean, and can be seen cleaning up the buffet area. The clientele is usually pretty sloppy, and I have seen a bunch of them use their hands to pick up food from the dish with their hands, which is gross! Again, not the establishment's fault, but something to be aware of. I was satisfied after my meal, but I am not under the illusion that this was authentic Asian food.