“Great Food but Small Portions ... ”
Review of NAM Vietnamese

NAM Vietnamese
Ranked #62 of 476 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Went here for lunch ... Overall this Viet restaurant is pretty good ... I liked the design and decorations. The washroom was good and clean as well! Service was ok as well. Our group had a Pho noodle soup, and a chicken curry with baguette. Both was very tasty. The Pho was great and the soup was good and flavored nicely. The curry was great with shipping the baguette as well!

The bad thing about this place is that the portions were very small. The large Pho was like $9.9 but was like a small or medium size at other places ... The curry chicken had lots of sauce and only 4 pieces of small chicken on bones (mostly bone parts from a chicken thigh). Definitely not enough and not worth the price. Personally I think I would need 2 bowls of large Pho to be full. Since it does not offer me good value, I would rate Nam 3 of 5.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Saw this new restaurant opened for a while and finally made a couple of visits recently. Always sharing table and the price is slightly high for the portion and the quality of food. The noodles dishes are okay however we didn't like the rice dishes.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

The food arrived in a reasonable time. There was free wifi in the restaurant.

The Curry Chicken with Baguette (banh mi ca ri ga) was the first to arrive. It looked very authentic with the baguette arriving whole and not cut up into slices. The curry was really good! It was a nice consistency, not spicy at all, and full of mint and green onions. It was a really solid curry sauce that went really well with the crispy baguette. The pieces of chicken were decent too and there were chunks of potatoes. On the side of the plate, there were some pickled vegetables like cucumbers, carrots, and cabbage. When I ate the pickled vegetables together with the curried baguette and some chicken, it tasted so, so good!

The large bowl of beef pho (pho dac biet) soon arrived. The large size was indeed large and I liked how the broth was steaming hot and almost boiling when it arrived at the table. There were a lot of meat in it (rare beef, brisket, tripe, tendon, beef balls) and the pho noodles were the thin ones. It tasted really good. I especially liked how the rare beef arrived raw and actually red in colour. When you dipped it into the steaming hot soup, it quickly cooked in the soup. It was so tender and delicious. I especially liked the beef tendon — the pieces were large and so soft and melted in your mouth when you ate it.

The order of Nam’s dry crispy chicken wings with lime sauce (canh ga chien) was a little disappointing. There were only 7 chicken wings in the basket. For a price of $7.90, my mom thought the price was not justified. I was disappointed with the taste of the chicken wings. I thought they could have been more flavourful. Perhaps I should try the chicken wings with their special house sauce next time.

All in all, I was quite impressed with this new-ish Vietnamese restaurant. I truly believe that their food was authentically made from Vietnamese recipes. I would love to come back and try their other dishes.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

The pho was good. Soup was balance, not too much msg and beef was good quality. However, the large size is relatively small to other pho in the area and it cost 9.99.

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

It's close to my office and it's fast so it's always an option for me and I like the fried butter beef with rice better than other dishes.