“A great life choice”

Ranked #21 of 137 Restaurants in Canmore
Price range: US$6 - US$21
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tavern 1883 is a new family friendly restaurant and bar located in the beautiful Rocky Mountain town of Canmore, Alberta. Named after the year Canmore was established in 1883, the Tavern is a comfortable, welcoming room with delicious fresh food and fabulous beverages. Open daily for lunch and dinner, weekend brunch and late night live entertainment Thursday through Sunday. Situated across from a lovely park with great views from it's sunny patio!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We loved the food and will be back to try so many other awesome things on the menu.
Good atmosphere, delicious and unique choices.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank enochr425

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great service-tasty pub food-great atmospere-clean and open with music certain nights of the week. Looking for a good beer and burger this would be a great choice

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Mary-frances T
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a very nice meal here. The server helped to make the experience lots of fun.
We had a great time with friends and were able to chat. The service was excellent.
I would visit there again.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Lynne E
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

It was our 7th wedding anniversary weekend and we chose to stay in Canmore to enjoy the mountains after a summer of forest fires. After much research we decided on Tavern 1883 because... pub food. The decor is cozy and, under the right circumstances, will take you back to 100 years ago. We went for lunch on a Sunday as the Saturday night before was quite busy and loud.
My wife chose the maple braised pork belly poutine- and didn't finish it, because you get sooo much! I'm always in search of something NOT on every menu and even though you will likely find an "Ultimate Burger" on other menus here's Tavern 1883's Ultimate Burger: a massive AAA Alberta beef patty covered in cheese topped with a pile of Montreal Smoked Meat, TOPPED with the aforementioned Maple Braised Pork Belly with truffle oil and tomato jam. It's on like, a multi-grain bun so... it's super healthy. I paired it with a cup of salmon and wild mushroom soup which was delicious and easy to finish.
I did finish the burger. And I felt great. Our super awesome server must have told the chef because he came out to meet me. I complimented his burger and inquired about how the soup was made. He was so nice he offered to buy our dessert. How could I say no?
The apple friller with Bananas Foster, caramel, some sort of crumble, banana chips AND vanilla ice cream did me over. Worth it.
Kudos to the wonderful staff. We'll be back to sample the rest of the menu.
Just an FYI, families are welcome so be aware there could be little kids screaming and running around - but don't let that stop you. Just ask for a corner table.

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank TravelVitoYYC
Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

When Tavern first opened, I really did not enjoy it, how things have changed! Great atmosphere and service. In my view the best wings in Canmore now.
I had the prime rib special on this visit which was pretty good

Date of visit: October 2018