All reviews bison intimate wedding silver service immediate family huevos rancheros three sisters bride and groom small wedding honeymoon suite winter wedding hot tub every guest the lower level bed and breakfast breakfast was delicious home away from home banff national park
Reviewed 21 June 2018

They always have upgraded us when other rooms are empty. The views are amazing. The chief custom makes me meals around my many allergies. We go every spring and fall and will be going again. Great hiking and a fantastic restaurant right next store.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We rented out the entire b@b for a family reunion. The building and grounds are beautiful, clean and feel like home. Rooms are warm, inviting and huge(comfy beds and high end linens)! Staff was excellent, non intrusive but always there when you needed them. The owner and chef is polite and has tons of knowledge of the area and provided lots of great suggestions. We had breakfast both days at the b&b and it was nothing short of amazing! Definitely left us wishing we had arranged a supper there as well. Plenty of common space for the kids to play in and for adults to relax in. 10 out of 10 definitely would stay here again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Dani T
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

We attended and stayed for an intimate wedding last fall, the accommodations are very welcoming and clean. The views are breathtaking and the staff very accommodating. The wedding MEAL however was rather distasteful and as I was aware of the cost per person, extremely overpriced for value and portion. Our meal was a 7 course ( so they sold it anyway to the couple being married) it was served on tooth picks for the most part and handed out on napkins around a circle of seating( no table) I considered it appetizers as it certainly wasn’t a satisfying meal and we all left hunger heading for McDonald’s to fill us up. I am not by any means a connoisseur but I do have some experience with fine dining. A single piece of Melba toast with bruschetta as a “course” and a single potatoe perogy as a second course??? I was quite shocked to realize as the waitress walked around our circle handing each of us one perogy that this was in fact a MEAL of 7 courses. You might have some people convinced that’s gourmet and worth your price, I however was disgusted to see so many blinded by insult on the reviews.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
MountainlifeCanmore, Owner at A Bear and Bison Canadian Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Thanks for taking the time, to share your experience with us! We are so glad you enjoyed your accommodations and that you found them clean.
We love our mountain views as well and I am glad you found our staff accommodating.
We do pride our self on our food and food service and,
I am wondering if there as been some miscommunication somehow, as we do not offer 7 course tapas style dinner,
We do however offer, what we call our "Silver service tapas" style menu's among many others we offer,
This menu, I'll use Menu # 1 as an example (there are 3 variations) and it comes with the following;
5 assorted cold canapés, that the bride and groom have picked from 10 choices, then,
5 assorted Hot hors Oeuvres, that the bride and groom have picked from 10 choices, then,
5 mini mains courses, that the bride and groom pick from a choice of 10, (most of these are served on a plate, bowl or cedar plank, but some permitting are just served as they come, so our mini spicy cheeseburgers, come with a napkin, as it makes sense, same with our mini surf and turf, steak sandwiches, they come with just a napkin, as it makes more sense, it depends on what options the bride and groom have chosen).
3 desserts from which the bride and groom have picked from a choice of 6 items.
In total 18 items, not really courses, although sometimes, the bride and groom will choose for us to do the wedding cake, so then instead of 3 desserts we do the cake instead.
There is always lots of food, and I am wondering if you left before the meal was finished as you did not mention anything about the plated portion of the dinner or the dessert.
I can understand when sometimes as a guest, it might be hard not knowing what the bride and groom had planned out.
We do work very hard to ensure each event goes off smoothly and in the way the Bride and groom have organized,
It is a challenge, as I am sure you and other trip advisor readers can imagine.
I am sorry you did not fully enjoy your experience with us,
I would like to ask that you reach out to the Bride and groom in this wedding, (as I am unsure to which wedding your are referring) and ask them to contact me directly.
We pride ourselves on getting it right every time, and I would like the chance to address any concerns they may have, as the couple that organized the event.
Best regards,
Lonny Middleton
Owner and Chef.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

We have stayed here on numerous occasions and we had our wedding here as well. Lonnie and his staff have always made us welcome and the service has always been excellent. We will continue to book into the Inn whenever we stay in Canmore.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for only 1 night as we wanted something luxurious and relaxing. And we got exactly that! Everyone was very welcoming when we arrived, and we stayed in room 3 which had the jacuzzi bath overlooking the mountains which was spot on. A nice added touch was the heated flooring!
We used the hot tub and it was snowing at the same time which made it even more perfect!
Breakfast was delicious and cooked perfectly! I would have liked to have stayed longer and really relaxed in the lounge and watched the world go by. I would not hesitate one second to stay here again and would highly recommend staying here.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple