All reviews hot tub underground parking breakfast buffet keurig coffee maker rooms are small one bedroom suite full kitchen the king size bed washer and dryer yogurt nice room long weekend canadian rockies elk mountains banff fireplace
Reviewed 12 July 2018

I do not normally complain, however, I think it is important, so this doesn't happen to others planning a visit. I stayed only 1 night as I was on a very short trip, but phoned ahead and let them know I would be arriving late. They were very courteous on the phone, so I was surprised to see the room I received. It was on the main floor and very worn and stained. They said there would be an extra $100 in case I damaged the room, but would be returned after checking out. As soon as I walked in, I realized I better take photos. The wall and 1 closet door were damaged, the chairs had stains on them, the fridge had a spill and an old dirty water bottle in it, the bathroom had no towels of any kind and the bed looked dirty. I turned back the sheets and there was mascara or something black all over the pillow and there was hair in the bed!! I was so grossed out I wanted to leave, but it was late, and this had been the only place available when I booked. I called the front desk, pointed out the damage and asked for towels to be brought up. The gentleman brought the towels up, but after that, was not helpful and did not seem to want to be there. The room was very expensive for what I received and have stayed in a lot nicer places for 1/2 the price or less!
The nice thing I will point out, is the restaurant. The Wandering Elk is included for a free breakfast in the morning. The food was good and the staff were friendly. They offer bacon, eggs, sausages, waffles, toast, drinks, and not to mention fresh hot croissants, Yum! After getting no sleep it was nice to have a breakfast before having to leave.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
WindtowerLodgeSuites, Manager at Windtower Lodge & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Sherry B,

Kenneth Bellperche

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I know it’s summer, and the rates are high, but a 200 sq ft room for $206 seemed excessive. Good thing the terrific breakfast buffet was included! Hot and cold selection was much better than most. Enjoyed watching soccer and chatting with the staff. The room was clean, the beds comfy.

Room Tip: No street parking available, paying for the parkade is worth it.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
WindtowerLodgeSuites, Manager at Windtower Lodge & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear TravelingFool59,

Sincerely

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Service at the front desk super.
The restaurant as well service was excellent, on the menu its only finger food pretty much.
I didn't like about this hotel it was our bedroom. Small with two twin beds. Windows dirty, the balcony as well. I wouldn't recommend this hotel.
Don't expect to go for a workout; the cardio machine is not good at all. Don't even bother bringing you gym gear with you.
The hotel needs some updated. I was hoping more.
I have been to many different hotels in Canmore, and this is not the best one in town.
It took me seven times to be able to dry my hair; blowdryer keeps stopping on me because it was getting too warm.
Breakfast was good.

Stayed: July 2018

Dear Nadiapage,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Windtower Lodge & Suites will be fully renovated by 2019 We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Manager Of Business Retention & Social Media

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

As the mess in the photo happened right next to the toilet, best case scenario was that someone was ill, and it splattered on the shower curtain. So, after taxes, we paid approximately $300 to glimpse into the previous occupant’s bad night. At least I hope this was from only the previous occupant, it was quite obvious as soon as you turned the lights on.

The property is aging, but this is not part of normal wear and tear - this was disgusting. We got back from the wedding we were attending quite late, and when we went to take a shower this greeted us. We skipped the shower and hesitantly went to bed. If this was missed, what else was glanced over during cleaning?

Suspicious bodily fluids aside, the suite was spacious, but worn. It included an in-suite washer/dryer, which would be handy on long trips. We did not look around the kitchen or fridge, but again the area was spacious.

The last time we were moved to make a review was in 2008, so I guess we can thank the windtower for motivating us to figure out our tripadvisor password.

I understand people get sick in hotel rooms, we’ve just never stayed in one where the evidence was left behind in all its unlaundered glory.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelers-II
WindtowerLodgeSuites, Manager at Windtower Lodge & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear Travelers-II,

Reviewed 8 July 2018

I stayed one night in June 2018. Location is good for Banff (30 mins drive) for budget travellers although I think rooms do need re-decoration and I did not like the breakfast. Parking was on-road (free) and was no problem

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple