“Great Halibut Fish and Chips. Great Slaw”
Review of The Georgetown Pub

The Georgetown Pub
Ranked #23 of 137 Restaurants in Canmore
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2018

I have been to Scotland, and eaten the fresh fish and chips there, and I never had any luck back here in Alberta to taste something even close. I have to say I love the halibut fish and chips at Georgetown Pub. Perfectly fried, the inside is moist. I am usually not a slaw person, but their slaw is so delicious that I ate all of them. The halibut is a bit on the expensive side, but it is so delicious that I think it is worth it. I will definitely come back with my family.

1  Thank Christine_and_Bees
Scotty S, General Manager at The Georgetown Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
The Halibut is our #1 seller and we pride ourselves on doing it right.
The Halibut is a high ticket item as you know it is classified as the tenderloin of the Sea.

We hope to see you back real soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

We actually came to The Georgetown Pub twice: The first night was late, and was for drunks .... what a wonderful pub and classic in so many ways; the second time was for fish and chips and they were delicious! Both evenings Collin was our waiter and he is just a delight. The pub is located on Bow Valley Trail, and not in the middle of Canmore. We enjoyed our meal, the atmosphere, the knowledge and the warmth of the waiter very much. I look forward to returning. I've been to England and this is very much a classic pub.

Thank you for your very kind review of our property, quality and service staff.
I will share this with the entire team as they work hard and recognition is appreciated.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Cozy pub, great food, friendly staff. We were seated after a short wait. Restaurant was packed but service was good. Indoor and outdoor seating available.

Scotty S, General Manager at The Georgetown Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Thank you for your comments, we are happy that you were able to enjoy what we offer.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Sadly my food was overcooked so had to leave it. I was given money off though. I had the shepherds pie which actually isn't shepherds pie as it was made from beef and pork (shepherds pie is lamb hence the title. My partners beef though was very good.

Scotty S, General Manager at The Georgetown Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to offer your comments on your experience with us.
We have taken some creative liberties with our Shepherds Pie in order to offer a price point we feel is appreciated.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

We ate here a couple of times. The breakfast was excellent. A big English breakfast and the blueberry pancakes were excellent. Went for dinner as well, and had the halibut fish & chips, fabulous. The steak & guiness pie was good too. On Tuesdays they have a fish & chips special. The outside garden to dine is lovely! And the interior makes you feel as though you’re back in London. Love this place!

Thank you so much for your review of our food and surroundings, We certainly hope you can come and visit again.
Tuesday's are a real fish feeding frenzy.