1,164 results
All reviews wine cooler the kitchen electric bbq bedroom suite underground parking hot tub beautiful resort pool area is washer and dryer housekeeping staff three sisters downtown canmore home away from home views of the mountains living area canadian rockies lake louise
Reviewed 1 February 2018

I booked this hotel for a large group and it worked great. Everyone had a great time and enjoyed the accomodation. We also booked a room to use as a hospitality suite and there was lots of room for guests to mingle and chat. Would definitely come back and recommend to others.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Andre G, Regional General Manager at Solara Resort & Spa - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Dear Roxy,

Thank you for Including Solara in your plans for your group get together, so glad to all of you had a had great time and enjoyed the accommodating. always great to be part of a successful gathering.

We look forward to being a part of the next one !

Safe Travels

Reviewed 29 January 2018

This place is absolutely beautiful. We stayed here one night with our dog and we were very happy with the suite and grounds (and I am picky). Only complaint is, upon check in we were given a long list of pet restrictions to follow...which were not mentioned on their website....why even have a section for pets on your policies section if all the restrictions aren't listed. For example, only one dog under 40 pounds are allowed per room, also no pets on any furniture or in the bed. Don't get me wrong I understand the restrictions..it is a beautiful place and they want to keep it that way...my issues is we were not made aware prior to booking. Over all we enjoyed our stay and the resort is beautiful...

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Coco,

Thank you for review. We appreciate your kind comments , glad you and were able to enjoy and great stay with Dog, we know how important pets are. We ve passed along your feedback regarding how the rules are communicated , some good points.

Thanks again, see you next time.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 26 January 2018

I stayed at the Solara for two evenings during a short trip to Canmore. Upon arrival at the resort I was impressed by the size of the suite - rather than a "room" I had a full 1 bedroom apartment. Solara would be a great choice for a couple or a family looking for a base for a Canadian Rockies ski vacation. However during my stay a few issues cropped up which make me think that the resort is poorly constructed or maintenance is not being done: electrical outlets in the master bedroom did not work; table lamps in the unit would only turn on when the cord was jiggled into a precise position; the biggest issue was that the sink it the kitchen (which I had not even used) backed up overnight and created a large puddle on the floor of the unit. With multiple maintenance workers and plumbers in the kitchen of my suite I elected to check out and seek accomodation elsewhere. Staff were accommodating of my early check out but completely nonplussed about the maintenance issue and certainly did not offer any type of compensation for the hassles. Something to keep in mind for persons considering booking or buying one of these units.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank AJM0079

Dear AJM,

Thank you staying with us and for providing your comments. I m glad you were impressed by the suite. I m sorry for the issues you experienced , we can certainly appreciate your frustrations.

Please contact me at your convenience " canmore.rgm@bellstar.ca

Respectfully

Reviewed 24 January 2018

We had a beautiful 2 bdr apartment and enjoyed spa time! We come every year to celebrate our wedding anniversary and management offers a bottle of wine or chocolates to make it more spacial. Thank you very much for a lovely time.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jen B, Front Office Manager at Solara Resort & Spa - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Jen
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 24 January 2018

Room was lovely and well-appointed. Beds were super comfy, views were beautiful. Underground parking is really appreciated in winter. Front end staff were really friendly and efficient. Movie theatre is a nice touch.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Leslie,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at Solara Resort & Spa . The fact that you mentioned your lovely room and our friendly staff means a lot to us. Our Bellstar team at Solara loves seeing these comments that really reconfirm that we are on the right path as we aim for Solara to be the top resort in Canmore.

Jen