All reviews the indoor outdoor hot tub kiddie pool steam shower great pool underground parking hockey team mountain view the hotel manager full kitchen great amenities two bedroom suite we've stayed great weekend three sisters downtown canmore washer dryer lake louise
Reviewed 6 February 2018

As manager of my child's novice hockey team, one of my duties was to not only book tournaments but also accommodations for the team. My first choice was the GRR in Canmore. As a family, we have stayed here a few times, with ski trips ect and I knew it would be ideal for our teams families. With the choice of condos or rooms, 1 bed room or 2 bedroom, I knew it would be perfect, and it was. Jim, the hotel manager was super accommodating for families that came down early, or stayed later to take in some of the great amenities of Canmore. The pool, waterslide and hot tub was the icing on the cake for everyone!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Andre G, Regional General Manager at Grande Rockies Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear JeepGurl,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. So glad we were able to be a good part of your responsibilities . We re always happy to accommodate teams. The hot tub is always a hit with our teams and groups, especially after games.

We appreciate your kind comments about Jim and the service you received , always happy to pass along that feedback. We look forward to having you back again soon.

Safe Travels

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We were going to Norquay with family friends for the weekend and my wife found this place online. The advertised price for a one-bedroom suite with a foldout couch was awesome, so we booked it.

Unfortunately, the promised price was not what we were charged (something we only found out after I had checked out because I didn’t check with my wife). On top of that, the soundproofing between units was pretty much non-existent (my wife and I could hear the alarm in the neighboring unit go off, and the unit on the other side kept banging on doors until I went and yelled at them to knock it off at 11:15 at night), the hotel restaurant was “closed for the season” (at the height of ski season) - so we were sent to the neighboring Georgetown Inn (which appeared absolutely charming) - and the pool was completely overrun with a hockey tournament whose parents were too busy taking up all the pool deck chairs by putting them in circles so they could sit and drink with one another to supervise their kids (and no hotel staff in sight).

We are definitely not going back.

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank 419chadn
Andre G, Regional General Manager at Grande Rockies Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Dear Chad,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We take our guest feedback very seriously. I m sorry to see you had such a negative experience.

Please contact me at your convenience : canmore.rgm@bellstar.ca

Respectfully

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

We came here on New Year’s Day for a night away and I didn’t want to go home when we checked in we were notified that our room was not clean yet but they upgraded our room so that was very nice.
The room was well stocked with everything we needed. The condo was clean and fancy with a spectacular view. The showers were a really nice touch a little complicating but not rocket science.
The pool and hot tub area was great, the kids loved the pool while we sat in the half indoor/outdoor hot tub, it was minus 25 and it was very comfortable.
Best resort I’ve been to in Canmore

Date of stay: January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this, and for making us part of your New Years Day getaway to the mountains. Glad our team was able to accommodate you and make your stay a memorable one. Great that you were able to enjoy the pool and all the hotels amenities. We re thrilled to be the best resort you ve been to in Canmore !

We look forward to having you back again soon.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 31 January 2018

One of the best resorts I have ever stayed in. When I was booking room 420, the receptionist told me anyone who has ever stayed in that room never complained. I can see why really breathtaking views of the mountains from each room you stay in. Its a really spacious penthouse suite. Really clean has a big kitchen and also the friendliest staff. Its also in close proximity to Bnaff National Park. I have stated with Grande Rockies Resort twice it did not dissapoint.

Room tip: Pick Room 420
Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Feroze,

Thank you for staying with us and for posting your kind comments. Your mentioning the team is very much appreciated , so great to see that their efforts left a positive impact with you. As our Front Desk Member told you, 420 is always a big hit, glad you were able to experience the views and everything it has to offer.

We look forward to having you back again.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 30 January 2018

We decided last minute to head to Canmore for the night to get away from the city. The staff gave us an amazing deal on one of the last rooms left so we jumped at the chance. We arrived and the front desk was super friendly and efficient. We headed to our room which was in a detached building close by and got ready and headed back to the main building to go to the pool with our toddler. It was extremely cold so getting back to our building was a bit cold for our daughter. If you can choose your room location during winter and are planning on heading to the pool, I would suggest getting a room in the main building. The rooms are very clean and nice and we couldn’t have had a better experience. I would highly recommend staying here. Thank you!

Room tip: During winter, I would suggest getting a room in the main building if going to the pool.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Coralie,

Thank you for choosing Grande Rockies Resort for your Mini Getaway. So glad you had such a great stay. We appreciate your kind words about our staff members, and cleanliness, great to see the teams efforts pay off in the way of guest experiences.

Your experience and recommendation mean a lot to us.

See you next time