“Best sweet potato buns”

O'Neill's Home Cooking
Ranked #38 of 380 Restaurants in Abbotsford
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 September 2017

We make a point of going to O'Neill's anytime we are in Abbotsford. Best breakfast sandwich made with home made sweet potato buns. Not an upscale place by any means, but the food is fantastic, the owner is a character, prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

My husband and I had heard about how good this place was for about a year and finally we decided to go here for breakfast instead of our favourite place a couple blocks away. First impressions are everything, and upon walking in, the atmosphere was not very pleasant and the man behind the counter, who i assumed was the owner, was flustered and running around like a chicken with its head cut off, was very short with us and lacked customer service skills. It was a major turn off, and he didn't have anything other than the "famous" classic breakfast sandwich, so we left. A few weeks later, despite the not so good first impression, we decided to try again, and this time called in our order to pick up. Again the owner, was short and almost rude, which I believe is just the way he always is, but we got our food finally!
Overall the customer service is crap, but the food was okay. Nothing to rave about, but I enjoyed my sandwich. Would I go here again personally, no, but I'm not a big breakfast sandwich fan. However, if you are, I would say give it a go, just don't be surprised by the grumpy guy over the counter.

3  Thank samc862015
Reviewed 11 August 2017

A friend and I went for lunch in August...there is very limited selection of food and the owner is quick to let you know that there are only 4 items on the menu. The sandwiches are made hastily and without any thought AT ALL to presentation and served on paper plates. The Classic Sandwich I had was not tasty at all and I don't recommend it.

2  Thank leannehers
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

A first timer! The food was simple and TASTY.
I'll definitely be Back!

The menu is very basic the taste is wholesome and sophisticated.

They sponsor an open Mike music night which sounds like gun.

The owner is very sympathetic and respectful to the local poor and gives freely to those in need. This means you may be eating close to a local who really needs a good meal.

It's a nice change. I'll be back again!

Reviewed 6 April 2017

The classic breakfast sandwich and the vegetarian version are a must taste at this little, old time style cafe. The sandwich is huge and filling. We had the soup of the day with it for lunch and could hardly finish it all. Best thing about the soup is that it is not over salted which is one of my pet peeves. A free non alcoholic drink of your choice is thrown in with the meal. Service is fast, friendly, down to earth....no frills but good home cooked food served at wooden tables and chairs. The cook is a no nonsense man who loves to cook and tells you like it is. Give it a try! We will go back.

1  Thank Pat L