All reviews crossroads restaurant motel style hot tub mt baker indoor pool would stay again late check clean hotel transcanada highway great place to stay easy access lots of restaurants bed was very comfortable convenient location living room pet sumas
Reviewed 16 September 2018

This place is a disaster. We had a reservation and pulled into the parking lot which was littered with trash. No one was at the desk and we waited for 10 minutes for the front desk clerk to show up. While waiting we went into the pool room,the water was a slimy green and the drinking fountain was filthy. The bathroom was dated, but clean. When the clerk finally showed up I was let into the lobby which was half full of construction material. I asked to see the room before I checked in, and happy I did so. The bathroom was disgusting and the toilet had a smear of what appeared to be feces on the outside of the bowl. Well that was enough for us. But the final insult was the clerk taking issue with our complaints. I suggest checking out the Best Western Plus Regency center just down the road.

Room tip: Ask to see the room first
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Rileynoone
Reviewed 9 September 2018

My family got in late too check in at the hotel but the check in was fast and courteous. We got settled in both rooms without a hitch except not getting a parking spot in front of our room. At check out it was quick

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 30 August 2018

Room and overall A+ and served the purpose well.Billing glitch caused by Guests Error was handled with same friendly and professional manner as was Check In experience with added helping of swift convenient resolution and dash of respect to ease my embarrassment...top notch service by this female employee!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 29 August 2018

We stayed here August 3, 2018. The hotel is in poor condition with cigarette butts all over the outside parking area. The grounds are not maintained and there is no green space for a dog to do its business. The room had pink sticky stuff on the coverlet and on the floor. There was a used glass with toothpaste on it in the sink area. The stand up lamp was broken and the door lock was useable but broken. The hotel encouraged smokers to use an erected bucket just outside the door to extinguish their butts (about 3 feet away from the door). I would never recommend anyone stay here if they are expecting a Best Western standard. This is by far a sub-standard accommodation.

Room tip: Go to a different Best Western. Langley is just up the road.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank SARLG
Reviewed 27 August 2018

I had reserved a room for August 21. When I reserve a room at a budget hotel, I expect the hotel to be clean, comfortable and safe. I checked in after a 10 hour drive on one of the smokiest days caused by the forest fires. I was given a ground level room less than 10 feet from a busy road (technically it's called HIGHWAY 11). The room was hot and stuffy. There was no thermostat. The window was open and had bars on it; someone would be able to stand and look in or, worse, throw something into the room (there were hedges at the end of the property but it was not secure and a homeless camp was across the street). As a woman travelling alone, I did not feel safe. I returned to the office, had to wait more than 10 minutes for the clerk to return and asked for a different room (saying I would pay the difference). I explained that the room was hot and stuffy and that I did not feel safe. I was told there was air conditioning in the room but it was controlled in the main reception. The clerk rudely told me the room would be comfortable within 15 minutes and there were no other rooms available. Back in the room, I realized the Wifi didn't work and there were black hairs hidden under the bar of soap on the sink. Major booking sites online also told me rooms were available. 15 minutes later, the room was still cooking and there was no way I was sleeping beside a major road with the window wide open. I told the clerk I was leaving and had been in the room for less than 20 minutes. Not surprising, she just shrugged and I was not offered a refund and was charged over $100 for the night, I paid for a room which is was not clean, not comfortable and not safe. Not only was the service shameful but I believe the ad for the room is deceitful.

• Trip type: Travelled solo