All reviews room was clean bunk beds fraser highway continental breakfast waffles a great stay quiet location would stay here again fridge and microwave stayed one night diana canada langley vancouver bc queen mcdonalds
Reviewed 18 September 2016

We enjoyed our stayed in this hotel! We highly recommended to our friends and families who would like to visit Canada!! Very clean, quite and friendly receptionist like Amanda, she's very cheerfulll..Breakfast was good!! Compare the Travelodge in Seattle Space Needle area breakfast more choices!!! We surely come back again!! BUT all in all was a great trip!!

Room tip: Our room is very quite... but we can hear next door A/C @ overnight!!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2016

This is my first time in Canada, and I will be going back early to the U.S. not extending my stay. It takes one bad situation to make me believe that Canadians are like this. I won't be wasting my money in this country. It started out as annoying and then became them just openly mocking me. I checked in to a woman at the front desk who rushed me through check-in, seemed annoyed that she had to check me in and barked, "We are really busy". Meanwhile, no one else was checking in. Although I did not use the bunks, because it's just me (a single 40 year old woman), she required me to sign an agreement that said I would not jump off the bunks in my room???!!!! In addition upon check in I was charged a 50 dollar fee for incidentals that the website did not tell me about. The first woman, at check also stated arrogantly, "Make sure that your room keys do not touch your car keys or phone or it will ruin them. (I'm like HUH?). Ok, I'm 12 and never used hotel keys before (sarcasm). I made two different comments about liking Canada and how beautiful it was. The woman rudely stated, "In this weather? It's raining." I stopped talking, because anytime I said something they mocked me OR RESPONDED RUDELY. When I arrived in my room the dead bolt lock did not work and the TV was not working. I have owned a home before, and knew it was A FAULTY PLUG but could not figure out how to connect the plug into the TV. I called the front desk and she mocked me like I was stupid, "Well is it plugged in?" She was so ignorant it stopped me in my tracks. She also said, "Well our guests sometimes move the TV and sometimes the remotes need batteries". I said, I think the plug is off or the plug is broken. I need to talk to maintenance". She stated, "Well I don't have anyone that can help you". I told her that I paid alot of money for the room and asked for another room with a working TV. Suddenly, she told me that a mystery man would stop by my room in 40 minutes. After about 25 minutes, I fixed the TV myself. Apparently it had a loose cord. I called them and told them not to send the mystery man. I am thoroughly disgusted with the demeanor of these women. It seems like they've never interacted with adults before. I will not be back. DO not stay here unless you want to be belittled by two women who have no interest in or providing any hospitality. TRAIN YOUR STAFF IN HOW TO SPEAK TO ADULTS AND PROFESSIONALS OR GIVE THEM ABOUT 10 WEEKS OF CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINING. Worst experience ever in a hotel.

Room tip: Top Floor Away from Traffic.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank RockingTravelQueen
DianaS579, Manager at Travelodge Langley City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2016

Dear RockingTravelQueen:
We are sorry to hear you did not have a pleasant experience checking in with us.
I have investigated this matter and spoke to all concerned and this review is unwarranted.
Here at Travelodge we do try to offer good customer service to all guests on check in, clerk who checked you in was just doing her job in being thorough about the room type you had booked. We do require bunk bed waiver to be signed even though you do not have kids, we just cannot assume that you would not have kids visiting. When clerk made comment about “we are busy” she actually did not mean to be rushing you, you just assumed, she had meant that it was still busy for us here at the hotel. She did not bark at you, we apologize if our clerk was not soft spoken enough. When she referred to “not jump off the bunks” she was actually trying to make a joke of it to lighten the mood as you seemed frustrated when you arrived. Maybe you had a bad day already?? We are sorry you interpreted everything we did incorrectly. As for the incidental pre-authorization, we do require this for all guests and this is advertised at our front desk, this just puts your funds on hold for us because you may have incidental charges like phone calls, this is standard practice in most hotels and funds are only held till you check out and in this case the next day it would be cancelled. We also wanted to make you aware that if you had a problem with our room keys it maybe because it does occasionally demagnetize when kept with credit cards etc, this so you would not have to come to the desk to re key, just wanting to save you the trouble of having to re key. Again you assumed we were mocking you when we only wanted to make things easier for you. As for the weather we did not mean anything only just wanted to let you know that it was currently raining and that this was the kind of weather to expect at this time of year, we did not mean to offend or belittle you or mock you but again you took it the wrong way. After you checked in you did not tell us immediately that your dead bolt did not work, this is the first we are hearing about this, you only mentioned TV was not working and this was at around 6:20pm in the evening, we do not have maintenance at this time available but clerk did mention her colleague who just stepped out would be back in half hour or so and could come by to look at your TV, she never mentioned “mystery man”, this colleague is front desk staff as well. Is this bad service?? In the meantime clerk offered suggestions to see if you could just check the cable behind TV as sometimes it does get loose and just needs a little jiggle, I guess this was too much to ask because you expected immediate service. You did call in 15 minutes to say TV was fixed, I wonder what it was all about?? You failed to mention this. We have quite a few guests from the United States and we have never had any review such as yours just because we were being up front and honest in regards to our check in procedure and our weather. If you have read our reviews we do not have a history of staff belittling our guests or talking down to them. From the tone of this review I assume you have a dislike for Canada and Canadians because you won’t give us a chance to help like in the suggestion for the TV, you did not mention dead bolt so did not give us a chance to fix it either. I find it very strange that everything we said and you interpreted negatively. Even though we are a small motel our front desk clerks have experience in dealing with guests from around the world including Asia, Europe and of course United States.

Diana S.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

This property appears to be in the middle of a renovation. There is still work ongoing. The reception area is very nice, the staff were accommodating and friendly and the morning breakfast bar was limited but acceptable. The only problem I had was the room. I am sure that it was my fault for booking the room i did but I had no idea when booking that the room would as small as it was. Honestly, I have never stayed in a room this small. It was little more than a really large walk in closet. It was clean and modern and we had no complaints about noise but it was shockingly small. We would stay again but I ensure that I had a different room.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2016

Horrible experience and treated rudely. Friends of ours paid and reserved the room ahead of time and the clerk incorrectly checked us in for only one night. It was supposed to be a couple of nights. Next day, we were locked out of our room only to find out that they had to re check us in and charge us incidental fees and would not take a third party credit card. To make a long story a little shorter, our friends had to come personally there and try to straighten things out. This situation was treated very poorly.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan B
DianaS579, Manager at Travelodge Langley City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Dear Ms. SusanB:
We are sorry to hear you had a “horrible” experience with your check in, we are unable to find your reservation after going through all our records, we see no complaints logged in regards to what your review is saying. You mentioned friends paid for your room, we do not accept 3rd party payments here so most likely it was booked via a 3rd party site, if so then we would have confirmation from the 3rd party site and would have to refer you to them assuming it was a mistake on their part. On check in we also have all stayee guests register and on this registration form it does show your check out date. We also do require even if room has been paid that stayee still provide their own valid bank credit card for incidentals and only on check out can stayee then pay with cash/debit, we do advertise this on all sites that we do require valid bank credit card for reservations, to check in. and for incidentals. This is general practice with most hotels to have a credit card for incidentals. We suggest when and if you book in the future to check out all hotel policies before booking.
Diana S.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

Family and I decided on Travelodge because we got a good rate. We booked their 2 queen beds & sofa bed room. It was quite large but was upstairs which was a walkup, we were fine with that as we prefer being upstairs. We noticed they were in the midst of updating their exterior paint. Rooms were clean so no complaints there. Breakfast was busy but they had two picnic tables outside so my kids really enjoyed being outside for breakfast. Wifi was a must for my kids, in room it was a little slow so when we told the desk they told us we could use their two network wifi in their lobby which was faster and they also had a lobby computer for guest use, my two kids were ecstatic so they did not have to share. We were visiting relatives and needed a restaurant suggestion which desk kindly helped us out with. No doubt this is an older style property, it is only a budget type place but we knew we were safe, comfortable and the price was right. It suited our needs and budget. I will come back again in the future.

Date of stay: August 2016