All reviews army navy lounge vancouver langley canada rates
Reviewed 4 August 2018

This is one of the cheapest hotels in the area, and you get what you pay for, For my wife and I it was a night spend on a bed made of concrete. At least that's what it felt like, though it is possible concrete is softer than the bed was.

BUT the lady behind the counter was nice, the elevator worked and there were placed to eat nearby. We were only passing through (and wanted to see a few locations where Hallmark movies are filmed in the area).

DEFINITELY wouldn't recommend it for anything more than one night.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2018

When we finally found this place (the sign was hidden behind all the overgrown bushes) we were not impressed with the tired look of it. The lady on the dark and depressing reception was friendly enough but we were immediately concerned that she advised us to move our car to the front of the property "as it would be safer". Our 15 minute wait for our room to be ready was actually closer to an hour and when we got in, it was definitely NOT worth the wait. Not only did it overlook the roof of an adjoining building (a security concern as it would have been easy for someone to climb over our balcony rail) and all the noisy air conditioning units but our room was close to the road so no windows could be left open at night AND most importantly was very dirty. All the furniture was extremely old, dust was everywhere and towels from what we assume was a previous occupant were left draped over the shower rail! We tried to swap rooms but were simply told "we're full - there's nothing we can do" .....strange as we were first to check in and had they swapped us, they would have had time to sort the first room out? The dust extended into all areas of the hotel....the smell on the second floor coming out of the lift was awful and you could actually leave foot marks in the dust on the carpet it was so thick .....ornaments, furniture and seating throughout were also victims of dust collecting in large amounts. The in-house restaurant apparently closes at 2p.m. and although we were offered food in the bar, it was very crowded, full of what appeared to be locals drinking noisily and not a pleasant environment for a family. There was also no complimentary breakfast for guests which for the price was very poor and based on the dirt we had seen, we declined to purchase breakfast at the restaurant that strangely IS open in the morning. Fortunately our stay was only for one night but this is the sort of place that leaves you itching in the morning so my advice would be that if you do see the sign......drive on and get something elsewhere!

Room tip: just don't!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank DavidF6736
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Only thing good here is its fairly quiet but maybe I just got lucky? Not a pen and no kleenex and not even shampoo nor an alarm clock. No mini fridge and tiniest ice bucket. Tiny tv with limited channels but good internet. Would I stay here again...? Nope...not for this rate at all...should be only 50 a night or less when nothing offered but a small coffee maker and internet.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Although this is an older hotel, it is kept clean with a restaurant and pub on site. I found the staff friendly, rooms spacious. The hotel is a little ways off the main highway but It is a place to sleep.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

This is an older building that is cared for very well. I like firm beds and this has been the best in my 3 weeks on our cross Canada trip. Very good value for the price. The staff were extremely friendly. I would stay again if I am ever in the Vancouver area.

Trip type: Travelled with family