“Very nice and quaint”

Coast Osoyoos Beach Hotel
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
Reviewed 27 July 2008

Altough the Coast is known often for top notch rooms, this one was basic as I find is normal in Osoyoos. Ive come here since I was a kid and the hotels/motels were not much to write home about but you dont come here to stay indoors. The room was average but we had a room on the 100 level and it was just STEPS from the beach and with a great view! If we forgot something it was a few steps away to go get it from our sliding glass doors and shared balconies. They kept the grounds very clean and the beach was the best one on the strip. The air con PUMPED and if you had it on too hight youd come into a fridge! We had a kitchenette which was handy if you have kids.
All in all Id come back although I found the price a it high for what you got.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 28 December 2007

Coast Osoyoos Beach Hotel is just a basic hotel - it has all the amenities and is in a pretty good location but it lacks charm. The bathroom is a decent size, the bed is comfortable but the room we had was very small. It did have a balcony though which overlooked the beach. We were there in October - perhaps it is more exciting in the summer when the beach is more popular. Breakfast isn't included but they offer a continental breakfast for cheap. There is a pool and whirlpool which is decent. We didn't have any complaints about the hotel - we just expected it would be a bit more charming judging by the website. But overall, it is a decent place for a decent price.

Reviewed 2 August 2006

I booked online two months in advance. I also phoned and talked personally to an employee re: the room I was booking online. One bedroom suite, facing the lake, $199/night. The employee told me I should book online, because it was a better price. The night before arrival, I phoned directly to the hotel to check on my reservation. I was told I was booked into a two queen room..no bedroom. This option had been available online, but was only $169. I said this would be fine, but I would not pay $199 for a room that was advertised online for $169.
Upon arrival, we were given a fairly large, two queen bed room. Nice and clean, BUT not facing the lake. On the contrary, it looked over the parking lot, and the indoor pool....with screaming noise until 9:30 at night. Totally disappointed, I asked if there was another room. I was told most people book much farther in advance. I find it hard to believe all the guests had booked before I had, two months earlier. I couldn't help but feel I had been given the undesirable room because of my refusal to pay more than $169.
Osoyoos was great, and our stay would have been flawless, had we had a room on the lakeside, where we could actually put our swimming clothes somewhere to dry from one day to the next.
If you book online, make sure you verify in person...
I will go back to Osoyoos, but would not give that Super8 another penny of my money. Next time it will be at the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Janey51
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 November 2005

We stayed at the Super 8 on our way through the Okanagan. The drive to and from Osoyoos was breathtaking, very interesting landscape. This motel was extremely clean and well cared for. The best thing was that it was right on the beach, which was also well maintained. It was so great to have the water just a few feet away.. very cool. They also serve a breakfast buffet, which is nice. The only complaints would be that the parking lot was congested and our toilet needed a plunger, which the front attendant said happened often.

• Stayed: August 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 September 2005

Stayed at the Super 8 Osoyoos for 1 night with our 2+ month old infant. We were pleasantly surprised with this "Motel". Rooms were clean and tidy (the entire property was well-maintained). We got a standard room and were blown away with the lake-front view from our balcony - literally 10 steps to the water! The view was spectacular.

If you are travelling to or through Osoyoos, this is the place to stay. Complimentary breakfast in the morning is a nice touch too!

• Stayed: September 2005