“LITTLE RESTAURANT ~~~~~~~~ WELL WORTH VISIT”
Review of The Portly Chef

The Portly Chef
Price range: US$15 - US$32
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located on Lonsdale Avenue, in North Vancouver, The Portly Chef is serving up some of the best culinary fare on the North Shore. Led by Executive Chef Jeffrey Batt and his fiance, Emily Caulfield, this family run Bistro promises a relaxed atmosphere, attentive front of house service and mouth-watering consistency on every plate.
Reviewed 11 September 2018

I finally got the chance to try this restaurant out , because I hare and read a lot great reviews about the Portly Chef , I am not a bandwagon jumper ,with my well over 40 years in the restaurant business , I write it like it is ,I love and enjoyed eating out ,,the atmosphere and ambiance is very cozy and friendly ,,not a big place ,,lot of happy face ,little too noise ! ,the place is full already , only 6 pm , the foods comes out is amazing ,I love the beautiful presentation,and you can tell every things prepared with absolute T.L.C. ,menu is not over size ,great business vision , small but lot of option to choices from ,from Salad ,fish ,meat ! , the chili fried squad is so spicy but good ,my girl enjoyed every bit , (TOO hot for me ) but my Escargot with the garlic and butter ,the sauce is fantastic , our main dinner is great too ,no companies at all ,my pork chop is grilled it prefer , ,not dry very delicious , , also my girls lamb is excellent with well balance of flavor ,very tasty , no room for their cheese cake , ,over all ,we have a delightful dinner ,price is average , also our server is first class ,we were in a little corner ,he never forgot us ,keep checking on us ,make sure we are happy . this is one of the hidden gem in North Shore ! ,make sure you make reservation ,and they do closed on Monday and Tuesday ! I truly recommended this little restaurant ! well worth the visit !

1  Thank TONY L

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Portly chef has become one of our favourite spots for dinner. The fresh sheet always has some great options but it is hard pick only one dish for dinner!

Server Gavin always has a smile on his face and is very welcoming.

Delicious food and drinks!

1  Thank Heamu44
Reviewed 3 September 2018

I was taken here by my sister during a trip to Vancouver. Great little restaurant - fresh, flavourful food, good drinks, good service, comfortable ambiance. What more can one say - a great place for an informal dinner. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Ken1846
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Tucked away in a quiet area of mid Lonsdale, the Portly Chef offers a delicious brunch in a welcoming atmosphere. There are many choices, mostly varieties of Eggs Benedict or omelets. Food is fresh and delicious, with platters brimming with your entree, along with the house potatoes which are yummy! This is a great change of pace from the chain restaurants, and well worth a visit. Reservations recommended.

1  Thank Terri B
Reviewed 20 August 2018

We were here from Kelowna for a private surprise birthday party and they did a great job! The staff was fantastic (kudos to Gavin and Tiffany ), and the food was delicious. Would definitely want to come back and try this restaurant again when we are back in North Vancouver. Special thanks for whipping up my raspberry cocktail :)

1  Thank Tracy H