“Mediocre”

Pho Japolo
Ranked #60 of 427 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Pho was ok but no wow factor. Service was descent and location great. Building is dated but whatever I eat the food not always the surroundings.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We were staying locally at the Best Western and were recommended Japolo and told about the discount we could get. We almost left as soon as we entered - the outside was bad but inside it was grim, dark, dingy and dirty windows with cobwebs, only 2 other diners, but we stayed. I still don't know why! Maybe the delicious aromas and friendly staff! The food was FABULOUS! So much vegetarian choice and just so so authentic and tasty! In our 4 night stay in the area we went 3 times! By the time we left that first night the place was buzzing with regulars and visitors with a great atmosphere, and a queue of people waiting to get in. It just shows, you can't judge a book by its cover, but this cover doesn't have long left! I would have given a 5 rating but the building is really poorly maintained.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Toffette
Reviewed 4 August 2017

If you are looking for good Pho , this is the place, if you are into fancy surroundings this is not. The structure itself is suspect but the food is better , faster and cheaper than most. If they were to renovate I would give this a 5 star other than prices would go up. Try it

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

We wife and I went to Japolo for yet another great Pho meal. We took my mother in law and kids. Item #28 is so good! Everyone's meal was excellent. Now before I give Japolo a 10 I have to say this restaurant is a total DUMP. The entrance is littered with cigarette butts, has a make shift "bridge" made of gravel bags (works for when the entrance floods), old gas pipes coming out of the ground, and decrepit siding. The entry way had boxes stacked up, ripped up carpet and very uneven flooring. The owners have not spent one nickel on the building for years. It made me wonder why? The food is good BUT....

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Simply the best pho in North Vancouver. The soup based has a lot of flavour - service really friendly. You can tell as its busy on a weekend.

Date of visit: February 2017