All reviews lonsdale quay sea bus market downstairs downtown vancouver executive room third floor parking pass seabus terminal public market two floors same building minute ride fantastic location view of the water water taxi front desk staff north shore
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Located above the Lonsdale Market this is a quirky place to stay. I recommend you ask for a room with a view over the waterfront. We did notice that the sound from the market travelled to our room but it was not excessive. If you do not want the breakfast buffet in the hotel you can try one of the food stalls in the market. Located near the sea bus terminal it is convenient but if you drive please note finding the car park was confusing. You actually enter the market parking before you see the small hotel sign. You do have to pay for parking as a hotel guest as well.

Room Tip: Rooms on the waterfront
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
lqhmanager, General Manager at Lonsdale Quay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay! Sincerely, Farah Steen General Manager

Reviewed 3 October 2018

The rooms are so-so, but the market downstairs is amazing. In the summer, there is live music and other fun things to do! We took the hover boat over to Vancouver and had fun there as well. There are several places to enjoy really good food, too.

Stayed: August 2018

Reviewed 29 September 2018

We booked this hotel for its great location, amazing views and funky market on the main floor. All-in-all, we had a great time. The only downside is that the hotel is very much in need of a renovation. It's very clean; the staff are very friendly and helpful, and the location is fabulous. The rooms are comfortable, clean, and functional. But it's time to renovate, folks. The downside to a renovation, of course, is that they would increase prices substantially. This is the conundrum. We thought that the price point was fair for what you got. Once they do renovate, I doubt many would be able to afford this amazing property and its facilities. Would I recommend it to others - yes. But it would come with a cautionary tale that the rooms are not quite up to the standard that the rest of Vancouver enjoys. Stay here for the great location and views. But if it is posh you are looking for, this isn't your hotel.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drjjohnston

Reviewed 26 September 2018

I got to say, I was not super happy with the staff at check in, they were very very busy, almost too busy to take care of the guests! The room was frankly ok, not great, but good, well decorated and clean, my view frankly sucked. There was a small balcony with a table and 2 chairs, and a window that opened, but my main view was the building across from me, with most of the industrial ship yard as the remainder. I could see downtown with all the pretty lights if I stepped to the side and looked down the length of the building. What makes the difference here (and if I am in Vancouver again I WILL stay here) is the rooms are on the 4th floor of Lonsdale Quay. I did not know what it was before I checked in, but I could not have been happier. The seabus terminal is a couple of minutes away with access to the other side of Vancouver. Lonsdale Quay itself is basically a indoor market with the entire lower floor mostly artisan shops, restaurants and food vendors. The second floor has a couple art galleries and other local shops. It was fantastic. Had Greek food for lunch, and artisan soup and bread for dinner, a British style bakery is onsite, my wife had so many scones!

In all honestly, the hotel is a good deal for the money, the desk staff in my opinion is sub-par, the cleaning staff was excellent, but the real deal here is the location.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the west side, views of the adjacent building and industrial shipyard on that side.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 September 2018

Perfectly situated in North Vancouver above a food market , views of the harbour, restaurants around and great access to outdoor activities. Staff was excellent and very friendly. Good gym for a smaller hotel with excellent amenities.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel