“Home Away From Home”

Lonsdale Quay Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in North Vancouver
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Because of an ongoing family matter in North Van, we've been staying at the Lonsdale Quay often over the past five months (almost weekly), taking advantage of the "Last Minute Getaway" offer. The staff have been very friendly and have upgraded us to the best rooms available. The views are spectacular, the rooms very comfortable, quiet, and clean, and the location perfect for our needs. The hotel sits at a transportation hub to everywhere in Vancouver and beyond. We especially enjoy the market and restaurants in the Quay, as well as the abundance of different ethnic restaurants within walking distance. We'll continue to stay at this hotel and highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: We always ask for a room with a view toward the water.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Maggie L
lqhmanager, General Manager at Lonsdale Quay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you kindly for writing such a warm review of our hotel. Our team is so pleased to ensure that your stays are welcoming and comfortable. I see that you enjoyed room 429 with the waterfront & east side view. Your photos are lovely! Thank you for sharing them. If I can assist you personally during your stay, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Being your "home away from home" is very gratifying to our team.
Farah Steen

Reviewed 6 February 2012

I am adding a revised review of the Londsdale Quay Hotel. My husband and I had visited Vancouver in 2010 and had a bit of an unpleasant stay....but decided to give this conveniently located boutique hotel a second chance. Glad we did!

We didn't have any problems finding the hotel and arrived mid afternoon. April was extremely helpful with getting me sorted out with the room and parking pass. Finding a parking spot in the underground garage was pretty straight forward and getting to our room was an easy elevator ride up to the fourth floor. We stayed in the Executive Suite which was nicely decorated and had a king sized bed, flat screen TV, as well as a cute little patio with a great view of the water. My husband and I enjoyed watching the sun set over the city before taking a walk in the market below the hotel.

The bed was so comfortable, we couldn't help but sleep in the following morning! We thought we missed breakfast, but managed to find a little kiosk in the market downstairs that served eggs on a croissant with either ham, smoked salmon or avocado and tomato. Delicious! We sat in the sun and enjoyed our food while watching the sea bus go back & forth to downtown Vancouver.

The Lonsdale Quay Hotel is in a fantastic area of town. There are so many great little restaurants and shops to visit all within a few short blocks. When you're done you can wander around on the pier, enjoy the city skyline to the south and the beautiful mountains to the north.

We plan on returning again in a few months and will definitely be staying at this great little hotel again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
lqhmanager, General Manager at Lonsdale Quay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review!! We are overjoyed that we where able to redeem ourselves to you! You where right, our hotel has worked very hard to better its standards and service . Your acknowledgement and appreciation of our teams hard work is a real encouragement. The Lonsdale Quay Hotel is located in such a special area, filled with great amenities! After 25 years, we are proud to have guests like yourself coming back! Looking forward to seeing you and your husband back soon! Best regards, Farah Steen, General Manager

Reviewed 31 January 2012

Even though I was a "local" and wanted to spend the night after a concert and couldn't catch the ferry home, I was looking forward to this but can't say I was dazzled. In the executive room I booked, I had requested cotton sheets and they couldn't provide (though any other boutique hotel I have asked complied cheerfully in my experience)...and so though I brought my own sheets, they weren't the right size as they had given me a king bed and my sheets were queen as advertised initially. The room was nice and quite clean, with great location, but the drains smelled and the neighbour woke me up with his radio at 630 am. There were extra weird charges on my bill (facility fee/room tax) besides hst, and the breakfast was overly priced against the $25 credit and the food ho hum. The waitress was however very helpful and accomodating. Four years ago my agency did a staff day there and it was much better quality. The new owners (I presume) are not so provisional. I came in on a Living Social deal which in itself was pricey compared to others.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
lqhmanager, General Manager at Lonsdale Quay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I'm happy that you found the room to be clean and the location with your king upgrade to be suitable. Unfortunately, there was no indication that you where not wanting a king room, rather a queen. We felt that we where giving you a special upgrade, and we missed the mark. My apologies for that. We will consider keeping 100% cotton sheets in the future. This is a great idea for folks requesting this service. I'm glad that our breakfast server was accommodating to you also. In regards to the taxes....room tax is charged at every hotel in the province. Our room tax is a combined HST and City Hotel tax. This is standard in the industry. We should have clarified this with you prior to booking. We hope that you'll find another occasion to visit us again outside of the coupon you booked on Living Social. We have great deals on our website, and hope that you'll enjoy the savings with us directly. Let me know directly if you choose to come back, it would be my pleasure to assist you with your booking.
Sincerely
Farah Steen

Reviewed 8 January 2012

I had purchased a package for the hotel and breakfast through Groupon. Since I did not book before Nov. 30th, I was charged a late fee of $40. Very sneaky as the expiry date is April 30th!!!
I had requested a king bed and on arrival I we were given a king.
I had limited interaction with the staff, but they did seem pleasant. We were able to get free parking in the icbc car park.
Location is good as long as you keep a seabus schedule close at hand.
Room was ok for the price (group-on price that is, if we has paid full price I do not think it is worth it).
We had a voucher for breakfast in the hotel cafe. The waitress was nice, food very average.
Like I said, the hotel 'did the trick.'

• Stayed: January 2012
lqhmanager, General Manager at Lonsdale Quay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and experience with Groupon. When buying from Groupon, it clearly indicates that you have 45 days to book your room. After that time, only the face value of the certificate is valid. At this point, the great deal is not available any more. The room was a "deal", so the difference (still at a discount) was due. I understand the frustration, but the "fine print" was indicated by Groupon. You are right, all bookings where only valid until April 30th.
I'm glad that you enjoyed the "deal" and your breakfast. I apologize that the "fine" print was not clear to you. We'll review this when we do this type of promotion again.
Farah Steen, General Manager

Reviewed 4 January 2012

This boutique hotel is a great value for staying in North Vancouver. It's located right on the water and is about a 15-20 minute drive from downtown Vancouver. If you're unfamiliar with the area, it's difficult to find the hotel. Look for the Lonsdale Quay Market instead. The hotel is above the market on the 3rd floor. Parking is also very reasonable at $10 per day.

The rooms are quite spacious and free wifi is always a plus. Especially if you're not from Canada and need wifi to look up directions and things to do/eat. The staff are nice and helpful. I would stay here again if I were in North Vancouver.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
lqhmanager, General Manager at Lonsdale Quay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your great review! YES! We are a cozy boutique hotel, and we offer ammenities that is very unique to our hotel. We recently added the Free Wi-FI access, and I'm so pleased that you where able to enjoy it freely. We look forward to welcoming you back at another time. Sincerely, Farah Stéen General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Vancouver
Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier
#1 of 10 in North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North...
#2 of 10 in North Vancouver
North Vancouver Hotel
#5 of 10 in North Vancouver
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suit...
#3 of 10 in North Vancouver
Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate
#8 of 10 in North Vancouver
Downtown
The Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront

Been to Lonsdale Quay Hotel? Share your experiences!