“The kindest and most helpful staff”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in North Vancouver
Melbourne, Australia
“The kindest and most helpful staff”
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Whilst visible from the Ironworkers Memorial Bridge, getting into the hotel was our first challenge. Although when you've found the turn off once, it's easy!
The waterfall, totem pole and fountain out the front were beautiful, a very relaxing welcome to this hotel.
Check in was smooth, and being a Priority Club Rewards member, we were given extra bottles of water and a bag of trail mix. A pleasant surprise.
Initially we had two rooms a few doors apart (212 and 210), however once we realised that interconnecting rooms were available, a quick stop at reception had us moved to Rooms 211 (1QB) and 212 (2QB) the next morning.
Each room was clean and had a little kitchenette (microwave and fridge) which was fine for the two nights we were there. The rooms were very close to the front entrance (and the waterfall), but there was no noticeable noise from the cars coming through.
Breakfast and dinner at The Pantry were lovely (but not included). I would recommend it for meals, but I can also say that room service (provided by The Pantry) was equally lovely and arrived within 20mins.
The gym was clean with treadmills, cross trainers, bicycles and weights. The indoor pool looked nice, but I didn't use it.
Since our sightseeing was focused on Grouse Mountain (seeing Coola and Grinder at feeding time was amazing) and Stanley Park (last time we visited was just after the 2006 storms - lovely to see it rejunivated), I would say it was a good location, since we had to drive anyway. However, if you wanted to see downtown Vancouver, you might find it a little more challenging being in North Vancouver.
To finish our stay at Holiday Inn North Vancouver, the check out process was lovely (even if it was 7:30am) and the concierge, having noted that we were beginning a very long drive to Jasper offered us a few extra bottles of water to keep us hydrated. I got the feeling that this wasn't necessarily because of my Rewards card, but more because he genuinely wanted to be helpful.

Room Tip: If you want interconnecting rooms, it needs to be one 1QB room and one 2QB room, a combination we co...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Dear Guest

The staff and management appreciate your time to share your review about our Hotel, from the service and guest rooms, the various amenities to our convenient location as well as the local attractions, we thank you for choosing us for your recent stay.
We are pleased you choose our Hotel for your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.

C.Alam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Salzburg, Austria
Reviewed 18 November 2011

First of all I want to mention that we did not plan to stay almost a whole day at this hotel.
We wanted to check out Vancouver first, but then I got sick in the morning, so we decided to drive directly to our hotel (we already had a reservation).
We entered the spacious and almost bit upscale looking lobby at about noon. We kindly asked if we could get into our room right now due to my bad condition. But the girl at the reception told us that every room is still occupied or in need of cleaning (this hotel has over 160 rooms and 60 suites, so quite large) and it was already noon - I couldn't really believe that, cause it was Friday (not Saturday or Sunday). I needed a place to rest very urgent, but they couldn't provide a room.
After about an hour (in the meantime I tried to get some sleep outside in our (cold) car) my girlfriend checked a second time with the front desk (this time a different girl) and now they were able to get us a room. Finally!
The room itself was very nice, spacious and clean. Huge flat tv, micro and fridge. Very quiet area and very nice maintained hotel property with lots of plants and trees, although hotel is
located just beside an intersection (but very well protected by trees). A supermarket (Real Canadian Superstore) is in walking distance - that was very good, because my girlfriend could buy some drugs for me (she was not allowed to drive the rental car).
Restaurant (breakfast) was great, we had a breakfast package (20 bucks credit for the restaurant). Parking is free and the free wifi is pretty fast.
This hotel should have a nice pool what I've heard, but due to my bad condition we were not able to check it out.
I would definitely stay there again. If we would have gotten a room at our first try, I certainly would have rated this hotel as excellent.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Dear guest,

All of us at the Holiday Inn & Suites North Vancouver thank you for staying with us.
I am disappointed that your experience fell short of excellent for this I offer our sincere apologies. It was unfortunate that our front desk staff did not respond to your early request for check in promptly. I have shared your review with my team and rest assured all efforts will be made to ensure such situations are avoided in the future.
I am pleased to hear that the rest of your stay, our rooms, facilities and restaurant met and exceeded your expectations.
Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I took my mom on a little trip to Vancouver and we stayed in this hotel for a night. I had driven by this hotel many many times on previous visits but had never been inside before. We were both pleasantly surprised by how nice it was. The lobby was a little understated, but the warm and friendly front desk staff made up for that. The room was well appointed - pretty typical of a hotel at this price but one of the nicer touches was having both hard and soft pillows and having them nicely labeled. There was a great waterfall at the front of the hotel which we could certainly enjoy from our room on the 3rd floor. The landscaping was very nice for a hotel right off the highway. The hotel is close to everything as well since it is right on the highway. In our room (north side of the hotel) we didn't hear any noise. We ate at the Pantry restaurant which is attached to the hotel. Normally I wouldn't choose this chain to eat at but again, we were very pleasantly surprised. Pleasant staff and good food.

Room Tip: There is a pub attached to the hotel and although I never heard any noise from it, I would ask to no...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Canberra
Reviewed 3 October 2011

The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites wasn't our first choice, but Vancouver rooms with kitchenette were hard to find at the time that we were visiting. We were concerned that the hotel might be too isolated from downtown. Our concerns vanished on arrival. The reception staff were welcoming in a way that I didn't expect from a chain hotel. On the transport issue, they were not only able to reassure us that there are good bus services from close to the hotel to both North Vancouver (for the Seabus service) and downtown Vancouver but had a map ready marking the bus stops. We also found that the hotel was well placed for bus travel to Capilano Canyon, Grouse Mountain and Lynn Canyon -- all very convenient. The room was spacious, clean and well presented, the bed being exceptionally comfortable. The cooking facilities were compact but cleverly designed with just the right equipment. A large supermarket is within five minutes' walk for supplies. The fitness room had modern, well maintained equipment. Included in our room rate was credit towards breakfast at The Pantry restaurant. We loved its diner-type food -- so much better than buffet style arrangements -- and its exceptionally friendly service. Meeting the staff at The Pantry were a great start to the day. The only thing that wasn't perfect was the interconnecting door to the next room. If only hotels could soundproof these doors or, better still, eliminate them! Fortunately we had quiet, considerate neighbours.

Room Tip: Our room faced to the rear of the hotel, looking out over a forest. It was very quiet and the window...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your review about our hotel and your stay. It is greatly appreciated.

Team at Holiday Inn North Vancouver.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Very typical Holiday Inn, but a little fancier. Very comfortable & in a good location (a few min. from Stanley Park).

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver, responded to this review, 26 September 2011
The staff and management appreciate your time to share your review about our Hotel, our location and amenities.
We are pleased you chose our Hotel for your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Vancouver
Lonsdale Quay Hotel
#4 of 10 in North Vancouver
7.0 km away
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suites
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suit...
#3 of 10 in North Vancouver
7.2 km away
Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate
Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate
#9 of 10 in North Vancouver

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver? Share your experiences!