“High Tea and more”
Review of Sugarholic

Sugarholic
Ranked #328 of 948 Restaurants in Richmond
Reviewed 2 May 2017

This café offers best value for dessert. My dessert came with a waffle, strawberry ice-cream, cream, smoke salmon, and salad. I was very surprise It was light, well-balanced and refreshing.

I feel quite relaxed in this adorable café having an afternoon tea or lunch. The seating is comfortable and neat café decoration. The menu offers a large selection of dessert, drink, and lunch choices.

Service is slow. Just remember Sugarholic is a place for friends or/and families to unwind, chit-chat and relax.

I will definitely go back for High Tea.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Food there is nice, with good value. I really like there risotto there. Both creamy and soft.
For lunch special, they have a lunch combo with $12, including a drink, which is a good value
However, just like any chinese restaurant, their service is standard. They only come and serve you when you wave at the,

Reviewed 13 July 2016

We were on our way after a big lunch but wanted to try the Japanese cheesecake. The decor is comfortable with a bit of bling with chandeliers. You can order a few items as singles, but the cakes come in three size platters. We chose the $16.00 which came with our choice of four cakes. We got the Japanese cheesecake, blueberry mousse cake, passion fruit mouse cake and a chocolate cake with a crunchy base. They are very tiny, so if you have a big appetite you might eat all the cake! We shared, there were five of us, and it was a perfect ending to a great lunch. The cakes are not overly sweet, even the chocolate had a nice flavour not all surgery. Very light and moist. We also had two juice cocktails and tea. For $30 we enjoyed our little cake treats. Many people were sharing a "toast" cake, which was bread with ice cream inside and fruit, they looked lovely but were too large for us. Nice little spot to stop for cakes and tea, lots of choices for the cakes. Service was great.

Reviewed 11 May 2016

Sugarholic Cafe Richmond inside Aberdeen Centre is a cute cafe that offers Japanese style pasta, desserts and tea variety. The restaurant itself is ultra girly with fancy (but uncomfortable chairs), sparkly chandeliers, floral accents and a white everything aesthetics. Sugarholic is also part of Estea Berevage Club.

Hibiscus Tea: This floral tea has a refreshing tart finish. Hibiscus Tea has benefits to relief from high blood pressure, aid digestion and improve immune system and inflammatory. What I like about it is its appetizing profile that also increases your metabolism. Other teas like Earl Grey, French lavender, etc are available.

Spicy Tomato Basil Mussel Pasta 12.50: I like the subtle heat added to the this pasta. There was 6 juicy plump mussels. Topped with roasted seaweed.

Creamy Masago Pasta with Imitation Crab Meat 9.95: Similar to a mentaiko udon but with spaghetti and added imitation crab. I liked that it was prominent throughout every bite. Soft boiled eggs was a nice add on that we were not expecting.

Golden Trio 11.95: An appetizer sampler with deep fried wings, home made shrimp balls with curry wasabi mayo sauce and Takoyaki nigiri topped with butterfly prawn. This was my least favorite dish. Wings were dry and I didn’t like the loaded spicy sauce. The other two appies were also very underwhelming in terms of flavor and mouth feel.

Sugarholic Cafe is a casual restaurant to visit if you are craving some Asian inspired pasta in Richmond. They also offer high tea and toast boxes with ice cream for dessert.

Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

I have been to Sugarholic three times already and have tried a variety of their desserts, drinks and meals. Overall, their menu items are quite tasty and they have many choices to pick. The café has a verg nice interior decor and the staff are also generally friendly.