“Return trip good as always”

Ichiro Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 996 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Steveston
Reviewed 27 March 2018

Whenever my brother is in town from out of the country we make a trip here and the food has been consistently good. I stick to the basics - California rolls, tempura, soup and it is always fresh and delicious. My brother, a bit more adventurous tries sashimi, various raw fish combos and he too says its hard to beat. We've been many times over the years..pricing is fair, service is professional if a bit perfunctory. The staff, many of whom don't speak English as a first language always try to be accommodating. Only good things to say here.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

This was my second visit to this particular restaurant since last year, our 1st impression was quite surprisingly good. Last night when we had our dinner with friends was a little let down, not too many daily special. We ordered the regular items on the menu was just OK? Sashimi was the typical frozen stuff, the fresh scallops were tasteless. Beef tataki had no flavor.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

We always enjoy our meals there and they are quite busy. I like the fact that they are not like the average sushi restaurant. I would say that they are considered on the high end of sushi restaurants outside of Vancouver. expect to get the freshest sushi and pat for it. Nonetheless, we always feel like it is worth it as a treat. They offer more variety of fish than most

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Wow, totally disappointed as this place came HIGHLY recommended to us. We chose to sit at the bar, where usually you get a certain level of acknowledgement and entertainment. Turns out they completely ignored us and went OUT of their way NOT to talk to us, granted we were the only two Caucasian people in there, so not sure if that had something to do with it or not, but it sure felt like that. The service from the waitress was dismissive and we didn't feel welcome here AT ALL.

We had a large assortment of food that was just OK, nothing special. We tried the wagu beef and it was chewy and unappetizing. They forgot one of our sushi orders all together and when I reminded her, she said she didn't understand what we were ordering? OK,...? Whatever. We stayed for dessert but shouldn't of because that was disappointing as well.

I'm sorry, but I can't recommend this place due to the way we're were treated. In steveston where thousands of tourists visit every year, you think this wouldn't happen. We are BC local as well and are fluent in the English language if you were wondering.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

- best tasting sashimi I have had in Richmond Bc
- serving size is small, but I dont mind because quality is great
- a bit pricey but food quality makes up for price
- chefs are japanese and appears expert in the art of making great japanese food
- service is ok, fast, and waitresses are polite
- better to make reservations just to make sure because there are times that line up is crazy
- limited parking space but you can find parking around streets for free