“Fresh Sushi and Sashimi”

Ichiro Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 1,015 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Steveston
Reviewed 11 July 2015

Offers a wide variety of sushi and sashimi together with other Japanese delicacies.We ordered seared sashimi set , caterpillar roll( unagi,tempura,asparagus & avocado wrap), steveston roll ( shrimp,tuna & cucumber wrap with salmon) and super ichiro don ( a bowl of rice topped with unagi, prawn tempura , fried chicken ,crab sticks and thin wagju beef. Wagju beef was not as good without additional sauce and you should ask for tempura sauce for your prawns). Food was delicious and the scallops from the sashimi plate was fresh and sweet !
Food here is a little pricy compared to other outlets but worth the experience.

Reviewed 10 July 2015

My wife and I (along with our less than 1 yr daughter) randomly walked in there for dinner last night. It was busy, but they were able to seat us within 10 minutes. The service was excellent- very attentive and polite waitresses. The food was also of the best quality. I would highly recommend this place for all types of parties- family, friends, and even business. My daughter just started eating solids so I asked whether we could have a couple of slices of avocado for her for a small up-charge. They came out with this elegant dish for my daughter of avocado in the shape of a fan. Best service that I've gotten in the entire Vancouver area.

Reviewed 7 July 2015

Busy Japanese restaurant in Steveston. Food is good and service is very attentive, even when they are busy. Lots of vegetarian options and they were very accommodative with special orders. Prices are a bit on the high side but the quality is worth it.

Reviewed 23 June 2015

Richmond and Vancouver have many restaurants to choose from. This restaurant had such excellent, fresh sushi and uniquely prepared rolls that we returned for a second night. I enjoyed the Ichiro roll immensely while my companion had Chirashi. The menu is extensive, with numerous options at various prices. We wanted to try the Sushi boat for two at $45, but the boat appeared to have more food than the two of us could consume.
The restaurant appeared to be very clean, modern and orderly. The restrooms were clean and well stocked.
The servers were cordial except that they were relatively young. When I tried to pay the bill, they did not recognize Canadian currency I had that had been printed in 1976 and would not accept it. Fortunately, I had other money to use. Other than the one impediment, we had a perfect dining experience.
Reservations are recommended for dining after 5PM. We did not have reservations either evening. The second evening, we were seated on condition that we did not stay more than 75 minutes. As the order was taken and the food was delivered within 10 minutes, we had no trouble leaving before the deadline.
The restaurant is located in scenic Steveston, a couple of blocks from the harbor. A wonderful stroll can be had before or after dining.

Reviewed 4 June 2015

Ichiro is popular in the village of Steveston, because the food is good. But if you value privacy, forget about it. Tables are crammed so close together you can hear all your neighbor's conversations as they can yours. Forget intimate. Just go for the food.