“Transported to Grandmother’s Kitchen”
Review of Italian Tomato

Italian Tomato
Ranked #15 of 1,008 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came here on the way out from Vancouver in the summer and I brought my parents here this past week (December) because of the great first experience. My boyfriend has very high standards for Italian food and espresso. This restaurant made a big impression on him with the flavor combination in the sauces, and the espresso brought him back to his grandmother’s kitchen with great memories. He said it was the best espresso he’s had outside of Italy and he also really appreciated the garlic bread. My mom and I shared the Calzone this time. The portions here are so large they can easily be shared. I forgot to take photos the first time.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

3 families with young kids. We all enjoyed our food and service. Parking all around the building. Our table close to bar and tv monitors so easy to keep kids occupied. Reasonable prices and menu has lots to offer.

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

We were staying the night before a cruise at the Hampton Inn. We walked two blocks and it was worth every step. The service is excellent and the food is authentic. The portions are large. I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank jeffreyj356
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

We were referred to this restaurant by a nearby hotel and it was great. Decor, service, and FOOD were excellent. Their half portions are the equivalent to most restaurant’s full servings. You can choose from gluten-free pasta options. They also have whole wheat spaghetti. They also served 39 different sauce choices. My husband enjoyed their Mamma Mia (baby shrimp, clams, scallops and prawns in garlic olive oil white wine clear sauce and I, a red garlic sauce called Veneziana (a spicy tomato sauce with Italian sausage and diced chicken breast. There were salads, pizzas, calzones, ribs, lasagna and more. Alcoholic beverages were also available from a bar list. This restaurant is on Bridgeport Rd in Richmond BC

Reviewed 27 November 2017

The place is in an awkward location, with limited parking currently. Lots of construction in the area. The place was packed, which surprised given it was late on a Sunday evening. We had a reservation and were seated promptly. The waitress came and took our drink order while we looked at the menu. The drinks came back quickly.

The menu has a huge number of items, something to please most people I would think. We were a party of six, our order was taken and the food delivered promptly. The portions are massive, there was enough for leftovers for two meals. For me this is where the restaurant kind of fell apart. I had a spinach prawn curry linguine, which was fine. I tried my wifes meal as well, it was fine as well. My biggest disappointment is the lack of vegetables with the entree. With such a huge serving of carbs, some vegetables are sorely needed.

Where it really falls down is the environment. They have tried for this elegant look, but it really looks cheap, and the bathroom is all homemade plywood doors.

It was OK, I would probably try it again to confirm my feelings.