“Not bad food, decent value for money”

Vina Vietnamese Cuisine
Ranked #499 of 948 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 27 September 2016

I eat at the Richmond Centre food court fairly frequently and this a place that offers something else outside of fast food or the westernised Chinese food found in most food courts.

The food is alright; I would recommend the lemon grass chicken combination with spring roll which is one of their strong points. I had tried their beef stew which a bit too fatty and oily for my liking. It offers good value for money and you can have a meal with a drink for a bit over $ 10. A good place if you want something quick, slightly exotic, and won't break the bank.

Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

Reasonable food in an open airy food court atmosphere. Dinner for one under ten dollars. Only disappointed in the styrofoam dishes.

Reviewed 23 October 2015

Vina Vietnamese is located in the Food Terrace (2nd level) of the Richmond Centre. Being it was lunch time I opted for the Vietnamese fried rice for just under $15. The food was prepared in front of you and was quite enjoyable although I think I the Cantonese style fried rice more to my liking. In talking with other patrons in the food court it was mentioned that there are several other Vina Vietnamese outlets in metro Vancouver

Reviewed 27 July 2015

At the Richmond Center Mall there is a food court called the Dining Terrace which has a variety of restaurants of different ethnic food choices. Vina is outstanding among those choices. We had one selection that included shrimp with a savory sauce and another dish with a white fish cooked to perfection, not overdone and that was seasoned just right. This dishes were served with a salad and a cooked roll similar to a "spring roll" and was very tasty. I give this four stars rather than five because the food preparation wait time was longer than expected. Each dish was under $10 and a bargain with a meal that was both delicious and filling.

Reviewed 13 February 2015

This is a review of the food court outlet at Richmond Centre.

After my spouse's appointment with the chiropractor, we went next door for a late lunch at the food court in Richmond Centre.

By the time we arrived, around 2:45 the food court was maybe a quarter full. After a quick walk around the many food outlets, we decided on Vina.

My spouse ordered the large lemon grass chicken with soup noodles ($7.95) and I ordered the large beef pho with sliced beef and sliced beef balls ($7.95).

The beef balls were sliced and my initial thought was it was a bit ‘chintzy’; probably not more than 2 beef balls in the bowl.

The food taste was okay. Both of us ended up with slightly dry mouths possibly indicating the use of some flavour enhancer such as MSG.

Serving sizes were as expected for the price paid.

There was about a 5 minute wait before we received our food.

Not a bad choice if you want something quick to eat and with an okay taste.
Overall, a satisfying average lunch – 3 out of 5 rating.

Notes & Tips
• Plenty of mall parking.
• The food court is located in the North end of the mall (closer to the mountains). If you park on the upper level you can walk directly into the food court. If you enter from inside the mall, you can take the elevator or escalator to the second floor.
• Check out the restaurant’s website but it appears to concentrate on food served at their West Vancouver Restaurant.
• There at least 3 other Vinas in shopping malls including the one in Metrotown.
• Lots of eating options available at the food court including Chinese, Thai, Indian, Japanese to name a few.
• There are at least another 4 pho restaurants within 1 ½ miles of the mall. If you can afford the time, the two closest are across the street on Number 3 Road; South end of the mall – Pho Lan and Pho An Nam
• The day before I was out with my friend to Metrotown Mall and also had the beef pho at Vina. It did not disappoint nor was there anything to rave about.