“Great food, great ambiance and excellent customer service!”
Review of Cactus Club Cafe

Cactus Club Cafe
Ranked #7 of 1,015 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Went here for Father's day celebration. Initially, our reservation was for 8 people as that is the maximum you can book online. However, we had extra people joined us so I had to call and ask if they can accommodate us with the changes; and yes they did! Their summer menu have a great selection. Loved the ceviche. So refreshing. And of course, Frose'. My blackend chicken was tasty; hubby's steak cooked just the way he wanted it; and everyone else very happy and satisfied with their food. Definitely coming back during happy hour

Amy J, Guest Relations Manager at Cactus Club Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Hi Grace,
Thank you so very much for the lovely review! We are so grateful that you chose to spend such a special day with us and that your experience was so great. We can’t wait to see you and your hubby again soon, maybe for some happy hour appys and drinks!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Now a new area now its in a Mall with an outside door. Very busy and extremely noisy
dont really cater to solo people. The greeters are very aggressive with their replies. shant go there again till they turn down the music for a start.
I shall go to other venues as they are far more friendly

Hi Capeo,
Firstly we would like to thank you so much for taking the time to post a review and especially for leaving some feedback regarding your experience. We are sorry to hear that your visit was not more enjoyable, specifically regarding the front desk and the music. Our dining room may be more to your liking vs the lounge as it tends to be on the quieter side and can most certainly accommodate solo guests should you choose to visit again (which we really hope you do!!). Reservations are always welcomed as well should you wish to “skip the line” and are taken online. We hope to see you in again soon!

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Had lunch today and we had a lovely server named Sandy who gave us a great lunch experience! Took the time to make sure we had everything we wanted or needed without hesitation. Now that is a sign of a good server.

Definitely will ask to sit in her section every time my friends & I are dining at Cactus Club. Kudos to Sandy.

Amy J, Guest Relations Manager at Cactus Club Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Hi Sandra,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share such wonderful things about your experience and your server, Sandy. We are so happy you enjoyed your visit and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

I went there, I order jambalaya bowl but requested it WITHOUT the sausage. The order came with sausage, obviously the waitress forgot to note the kitchen. Second time the order came with sausage, obviously the kitchen made a mistake of not reading the instruction( without sausage). I ain't have the whole day to wait for a third mistake or to eat the damn food. the manger came upon my request, she apologized and offered a complimentary dessert for next time, I dont know how she thinks but that 5 dollar dessert will not replace my waiting nor my expectation of a good meal. I turned that coupon saying I dont like dessert. that cactus club location has communication issues, unfortunately was one of my favorite but no more.

Amy J, Guest Relations Manager at Cactus Club Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Hi Alia,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write in and leave some feedback about your visit with us recently. We are so sorry that this experience was not as positive as all the other visits you mentioned that you had while here. From what we understood the manager you spoke with offered you her card with a promise to take care of your meal on your next visit as a time restraint on your end did not allow for us to remake the dish at the time of your visit. This offer still 100% stands and we would love to get the chance to welcome you back and ensure that your next visit is a great one!

Cheers,
Omeed Ghafori

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Lovely spot for late night happy hour! Our food was delicious! Just wanted to take a moment to compliment the service we received from our server Noor last night. You guys were quite busy around 10pm and Noor was fantastic! I appreciate a server who does a great job and even though the restaurant was at high capacity, she handled our table perfectly and maintained such a positive attitude! Will be back again! I recommend asking for Noor as your server!

Amy J, Guest Relations Manager at Cactus Club Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

Hi Joey,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review for our location and for your server Noor! We are both so happy that you enjoyed your visit so much and can’t wait to welcome you back again soon for more fun happy hour times.

Cheers,