“Interesting... in the best possible way”
Review of Gokudo Shabu Shabu

Gokudo Shabu Shabu
Ranked #302 of 948 Restaurants in Richmond
Reviewed 4 June 2017

Very good service at the counter from a knowledgeable server. The Hop Pot was tasty, filling and in various combinations to ones choosing. Everything I has was tasty, the server was attentive in filling my broth but I could only recommend to ones tastebud's, choose your mixture, it is all very good.

Reviewed 26 June 2016

Very good fresh meat and veg , the hotpot combo deal is the best choice for customer, enough food to fill up your stomach. Remember to reserv seats first, not suitable for big group.

2  Thank Albert L
Reviewed 21 May 2016

We were enticed to patronize Gokudo Shabu Shabu by Groupon which offered a hot pot dinner for two at $42. Admittedly it was a pleasant experience however we felt that there was much more value in other restaurants which offered AYCE (all you can eat) hot pots for about the same price.

Reviewed 9 December 2015 via mobile

If you plan to eat here, make sure you make a reservation.
This is a nice and clean but small restaurant.
I liked the concept of each person having their own hot pot. The restaurant was busy for a Sunday night when we arrived early for our reservation. We were seated right away.
The food was fresh and was tasty, however I thought that the prices were a little on the high side.
The soup bases were good and flavourful. There was a good selection of different meats on the menu. The service was ok. It took a while before our heating element and soup base were delivered from the time that we ordered. It took just as long for the food to arrive. When looking around, it looked like the vegetables were pretty much standard for everyone unless you ordered something different. The only differences would have been what you chose for the meat options. Once the food came, everything went well. The food was good. More servers came in to work while we were eating and that seemed to help as the resturant was full. The workers had to turn people away if they did not have a reservation. With the extra servers there, service was better.
If there is an online deal available for this place and you have not tried it before, I would suggest going that route as it it expensive without any deals.

Reviewed 16 September 2015

Good place for those folks who don't like group sharing. First time I had my own pot to eat out of and make a mess too. Watch how it boils/splatters if cranked too high. I used a Groupon and the meal was plentiful with all the sides you get including dessert tofu at the end. Still well worth it if you paid regular price. I like how you can self control the temperature so if you are not ready to put in your next food item or want to heat up the cooking faster you can make the adjustment. Service was good. Everyone eats around a u shaped bar and all members of your party have to be present to be seated. Depending when you come it is a fairly busy restaurant so don't be surprised if you have to wait.