“Fast and friendly ”

Stanley Park Taphouse
Ranked #387 of 1,018 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Description: Featuring your favourites from the Milestones menu with a casual, west-coast twist. Enjoy the casual dining room or watch the game from the bar before your flight. Choose from Starters & Share Plates, Big Salads, or Steaks & Prime Rib and pair it with a B.C. wine or a “Sky High” Bellini served exclusively at YVR locations. A gluten-free menu is also available.
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Had a two hour lay over in Vancouver and stopped here for lunch. The manager greeted me right away - asked me where I’d like to sit. I ended up sitting at the bar - bartenders were very funny and friendly. They were pretty knowledgeable too about the beer selection, I’m not a big fan of hoppy beer - so they directed me what I should try. I had the shrimp tacos and they were pretty yummy - the place was pretty busy but I didn’t have to wait long. It’s a great spot to sit down while waiting for your flight - the staff was super nice and prices for everything are pretty decent.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

They need to review their menu. Food choice is limited and not so appealing. The chips (sliced and deep fried potatoes) sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, were over done, couldn't chew them they disintegrated to powder in my mouth. (suspect they were reheated) Drinks were just fine and the staff when not occupied by one another are great! Though they don't come around to see if you need anything, they come only once after serving to see how it all tastes. I didn't have time to complain. Most travellers don't and STP, they know this.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Came by for a bite between flights, and it was pretty much what we expected. It's an uncomplicated and safe choice for some food, with some decent beer on tap.

The restaurant itself is bright and airy, and right by the windows of the Westjet terminal. The service was fine, and the beer was cold. The food was pretty forgettable though - we had the pad Thai and BC burger, and neither had a ton of flavour, though I did enjoy the sauce on the burger.

All in all, unspectacular, but sometimes in an airport that's exactly what you want.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Flying back to Calgary, and found this nice sit down restaurant. Open and bright with good food and beverage selection. Lots of places to charge your phone.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

On our way home after a two-week Alaska adventure, we found ourselves in the Vancouver airport, in need of dinner. Getting something good to eat in airports world-wide, can be a daunting challenge. So, we can honestly say, we were pleasantly surprised at the dining experience we had at the Stanley Park Taphouse. Both my wife and I had the fish tacos and they were excellent.

Date of visit: July 2018