“Fresh Sashimi and Delicious rolls”
Review of Mega Sushi

Mega Sushi
Ranked #17 of 980 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2016

Visited last night for dinner and it was wonderful. The sashimi was so fresh and the portions were generous. The sashimi was cut really well unlike most of the other sushi restaurants in the city and it was delicious! The rolls are also on a whole different planet and I enjoyed every single one I tasted. The big boss roll and godzilla bite were especially noteworthy and they absolutely melted in my mouth! I've never tasted such delicious rolls before even though I've tried dozens of sushi restaurants across Richmond and Vancouver. Service was also excellent and the tea is the best I've ever tasted.

Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

I've always been a huge fan of Mega Sushi and I've written glowing reviews of here in the past but this time was even better than before! This place has a new updated menu and they've added some fantastic new rolls in addition to their fantastic classic favorites. I ordered the outstanding godzilla bite and Mega tower as always but also decided to give the new rolls a try. They were 20 percent off for a limited time and I gave it a try because Mega never disappoints! I asked the waitress for a recommendation and got the Fire Dragon roll and Yummy Yummy roll. My initial reaction when I saw the Fire Dragon roll was Wow! The roll was literally on fire with a fire underneath the roll and the presentation was gorgeous! The taste was even better and I really enjoyed the bbq unagi and avocado in the roll alongside the sauce. The Yummy Yummy roll was also such a nice unique blend of mango, yam, and three special sauces. I instantly loved it and my family was also really happy to try it. I've never been so consistently impressed by a restaurant like this before. Mega Sushi deserves all the praise in the world!

Reviewed 26 April 2016

My husband and I took our son for dinner tonight, was excited to enjoy some of specialty rolls. Menu showcased new items with 20% off offer, we ordered mega tower, spicy bomb roll, chicken teriyaki dinner, big boss roll and was intending on ordering more as we ate. Teriyaki dinner served on smallest iron cast pan ever seen in any Japanese restaurant and mini bowl of rice. Approx. 15 minutes later mega tower arrived, my husband was finished his meal before any other food came. These 2 dishes were eaten before Spicy Bomb roll was served. Server never attended our table at any time ask if we needed tea or to see why our table which ordered first before 3 other tables near us were served at least 5 - 6 dishes each and while it took more than an hour to get 3 dishes or even to check if we needed anything else (when we told her we would need to keep our menus to order more, was not even given chance to order another drink, no one asked) Big Boss roll never came. We asked for bill, server was happy to bring check but again after 15 minutes did not come back so I had to go to kitchen area to pay for unsatisfied meal. You would think with only 4 tables to serve on patio area it would be noticeable food was not coming out for us. Restaurant manager was happy to explain some foods take longer, not acceptable when only one cook dish arrived for 1 person to eat and almost finish before next dish arrived, I had to restrain myself to not completely clear that dish before my son got any food and we only were given opportunity to order 1 beer. We were sat at table at 6:20 and almost 2 hours later only received 3 dishes and one drink. We went out for Pho for my son to get dinner after this.

Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

Beautiful presentation and absolutely mouthwatering food! I always wanted to try Mega Sushi after looking at the beautiful photos from the restaurant online and the real experience was just as good as the photos! The Mega Tower is an absolute masterpiece with so much fresh fish, salad, and over four different fantastic special sauces. It was beautiful to look at and just as good in taste. Next, the Godzilla Bite was stunning as well with with a fire in the middle and the Godzila Bites and salad surrounding it. The taste was the closest thing to perfection and I loved the blend of torched tuna, fried seaweed and rice with salmon and special sauce. This place is the best place in the city for fushion sushi. I will definitely be returning and I'm going to bring my family next time too!

Mega S, Manager at Mega Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2016

Dear Amy,
Thank you so much for your outstanding review of Mega Sushi. We always try to focus on the presentation and quality of our food so we're so happy that you noticed it too. We've passed on your incredible compliments to our chefs and we hope to impress you for many more great meals to come. We also have some new dishes that were recently added to the menu so it would be great to see you again soon!
Regards,
Mega Sushi

Reviewed 16 March 2016

Enjoyed a nice lunch with my mom and my husband. We ordered sashimi/teriyaki lunch bento specials. Godzilla bites (not your typical but very good) and Big Boss rolls. Service was polite, not overly friendly or helpful, just a bit slow getting food out but we are not complaining.

Mega S, Manager at Mega Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2016

Dear Audrey19602012,

Thank you for your excellent review of Mega Sushi. We are always delighted to see our customers satisfied with our signature dishes, such as the Big Boss Roll and Godzilla Bite. We hope to continue to impress you for many more meals to come and if you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to message us.