1,135 results
All reviews ihop restaurant motel style vancouver airport room was clean free shuttle hot tub hour shuttle shuttle service small fridge front desk staff every half hour flat screen tv long flight alaskan cruise short stay one night stay late at night
Reviewed 5 September 2018

this is actually a motel and not a hotel so the rates charged are a bit steep looking at this. however the rooms were spacious and clean and the location was not seedy. the staff were polite and helpful. free coffee and muffins in the morning slightly made up for lack of breakfast on site.
shuttle to airport is free and a plus point
all in all ok place to stay but a bit overpriced

Room Tip: get a top floor away from the reception area
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank takama
AccentInnGM, General Manager at Accent Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Hello takama,

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Yes, motel! We booked this stay on Bookings.com and they represented this place as comfortable airport hotel with free shuttle, restaurant, etc, etc. Well the shuttle didn't happen, there is no restaurant (more to follow) and the only thing that convinced me I hadn't fallen through a time warp back to the 1960's was the flat screen TV.

This hardly rates as an hotel. It is really a three storey motel with an elevator. All room doors open to the car park or to an external balcony/walkway. The room had an old, very noisy air conditioner, paint falling of the ceiling and the formica shower cubicle was enhanced by the shower curtain (UGH!!) that was too small for the space.

There is no restaurant and when we enquired about breakfast we were directed to Denny's, "just next door". The walk to Denny's was actually about 10 minutes! But we did receive a 10% discount at Denny's! The receptionist also refunded our taxi fare from the airport, with much resentful muttering from the manager.

In short not recommended.

On the positive side, the room was clean and the bed comfortable. But we were exhausted when we arrived.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello Bushranger9,

Thanks for your feedback.

I'd like to learn more about your stay so that we can improve upon the issues you've noted in your review.

When you get a chance, please feel free to reach out to me directly at the hotel.

Thanks and all the best!

Reviewed 1 September 2018

At travel agent's suggestion, stayed here 1 night pre-cruise. Clean enough,but a rundown 3 story motel undergoing renovation. Was upgraded to "Jr Suite" with 1 queen, sofa bed, desk, fridge, coffeemaker; no microwave, no hot breakfast. Pro: free airport shuttle which comes regularly every 1/2 hour; McDonalds across street, as well as nice, upscale restaurant, Fogg & Sudds. Staff were friendly. Lobby is a converted room, with weak coffee and hot water for tea available. There is free shuttle to the Cruise Terminal; staff recommended Ace Charters which I used. Reluctantly, would not stay here again, especially for the money $203 including tax. Did see the Rubber Ducky everyone is talking about did not adopt him.

Room Tip: Ask for a room along the back side of buildings, to avoid road noise.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Hello mermaid82001,

Thanks for the feedback and very sorry that you didn't receive one of our Rubber Ducks.

We are currently operating out of our Temporary "Camping Out" Lobby and are looking forward to opening both our newly renovated and expanded Lobby and new restaurant, Eggspectation, towards the end of October.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Hotel is currently under some major renovation work which was not made clear to us at the time of booking which was only 5 days before we arrived, restaurant was closed for refurb so had to venture out which with tired small children was not a fun experience,
Rooms were clean and comfy although are in need of some love and repair with paint pealing off both the walls and ceilings,
We was allowed to stay in the room till 1pm which was a nice perk,
But we needed to as our room was next to the vending machines and laundry area and believe me it was not fun being woken up at 3.30am with lots of crashing and banging which I can only assume was laundry arriving or vending machines being restocked,
Was it worth the $200? Not really but maybe when the refurb is complete than who knows, people keep talking about a rubber duck, we never saw or revived one,

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank dp11040404

Hello dp11040404,

Thanks for your feedback.

I'd like to learn a little more about your stay - specifically in which room you stayed - so that we can appropriately address some of the issues you've noted.

When you're able, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Thanks and all the best!

Reviewed 30 August 2018

We just returned from our Alaska cruise and had planned on spending a couple of days in Vancouver to enjoy the sights. Wasn’t thinking how early we would be getting off the ship. We drove to the hotel and were AMAZED that we were allowed to check in to our room at 930 in the morning! The desk clerk was incredibly friendly and helpful. We explained we had never been to the area and she gave us maps and suggestions of where to visit and the easiest way to get there. Anyone who has experienced traffic in Vancouver will appreciate the tip of using the fast rail system! The property is currently being renovated but it is done in such a lighthearted way and the signage is hilarious! I have to say the Rubber Duck in the bathroom was the highlight of my trip, and when I read on my room key envelope that if I chose to, I could take him with. Elvis (he has a pompadour and a guitar) is now traveling the country with us and will take a prominent place on my desk when I return to work to remember to provide the same outstanding service to my members that the Accent Inn provided to me. The room was extremely comfortable and conveniently located for easy access to the highway and surrounding areas and restaurants. Would highly recommend this property to ANYONE looking for a place to stay in the Vancouver area. Wish there were more locations in the U.S.!!!

Room Tip: All were great
Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello turleyj62,

Thank you for your VERY kind words! And for the note you personally sent to me! Both are greatly appreciated!

I have shared your comments with our team – both here at the hotel and our Head Office in Victoria, BC. So nice to see such a glowing review and validation of all our hard work and attention to detail.

The lifesaver you encountered at check in was our top-notch Front Desk Agent, Manda.

I’m really pleased that you enjoyed our signage and notes. It’s often difficult executing a renovation project in the middle of a fully operational and bustling hotel but we really tried our best to lessen the inconvenience by making it a bit fun for all concerned. Our fantastic Sales and Marketing Team came up with the cool “Gone Camping” theme and we really love it. Glad you like it too!

Also very glad to hear that you’re giving Elvis a good home!

You mentioned that it was an incredible pleasure staying with us and it would definitely be an incredible pleasure for us to welcome you back in the future!