“An off night”

Carver's Steakhouse & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Carver's Steakhouse & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 1,017 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Cross street: Gilbert Road
Transit: 491 - Stop at Gilbert Road & Westminster Highway, we are just beside 98 B-Line - Stop at #3 Road & Westminster Highway, we are 10 minutes of walk on Westminster Highway (left)
Reviewed 29 July 2018

My wife and I have been to Carver's a number of times in the past. Tonight, the quality of steaks was not on par with expectations of a good steakhouse. Both the Ribeye and New York steaks felt like it came straight out of the Sous Vide cooker with a very light searing and straight onto the plate. The manager, Michael, tried to make it up offering a different entree which was very much appreciated.

Strangely, we asked for the Turtle Molten Cake dessert, but they insisted we would enjoy Chocolate Eruption better. Not exactly sure why we were served a dessert we did not ask for. Cappuccinos were very good.

Given the circumstances, service overall was very good.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

We went to Carvers with a party of five on Sunday. The service was great, friendly and helpful service... from our initial drinks to the desserts at the end. Our appetizers were delicious( love the baked oysters) and our steaks were grilled perfectly. It was a awesome dinner. Very enjoyable ..will definitely go back again.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

Carver's probably gets less traffic than it should because it is buried in the wing of the Executive Hotel. well worth a trip. We ate there several nights thanks to the notorious BC weather and gladly so. Prime rib, steaks, shrimp dishes were all excellent; wait staff was attentive and knowledgeable. About the only downside fro some people is that it is not the place to go if you are in a rush; it's not tedious or unreasonable, but you're not getting in and out in 25 minutes (nor should you, for top-drawer food, but business meeting meals can be that way). On the plus side, they're happy to let you sit and chat with your group instead of itching to tun the tables.

1  Thank DouglasB124
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

I had the pleasure to dine at Carvers Steakhouse with my boyfriend. We had the most amazing appetizers and main course. The whole staff was wonderful and very professional, Chef Cean Hunkin does a spectacular job and takes so much pride in his work! I will definitely be going back any chance I can get.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had an amazing experience at this restaurant. From incredible appetizers of seafood chowder and scallop cocktail for her and Thai steak bites for myself to her perfectly done salmon and my steak. She had a cheesecake sample for desert and I had a great creme brulee . The meal was outstanding and the presentation was incredible . Chef Cean Hunkin did a masterful job from start to finish. Servers were very pleasant and made sure all was enjoyed. Highly recommend trying Carvers !I