We were there on a Tuesday afternoon for a quick lunch before heading over to the Richmond Oval.
My spouse and I ordered the following:
• Holiday sushi set ($7.49) – 9 pieces of sushi – including tako (octopus) and farmed and sockeye salmon. Average tasting.
• 2 items with rice ($7.49) – sweet & sour pork and steamed minced pork with preserved vegetables. Average tasting.
For the food combos, there is a choice of ordering 1, 2 or 3 items with rice. There are at least 10 items to choose from. Depending on the number of choices you pay more or less. In addition, if you want fried rice or noodles there is also an extra charge.
• Food quality and taste – above average considering it is takeout; taste-wise okay
• Variety – different items and better variety than any shopping centres’ food courts
• Portion size vis–à–vis price - good
The total paid was $15.73 with taxes.
I would rate the overall food experience above average at 3.25 out of 5 rating.
Notes & Tips
• There is patio seating as well as a small indoor eating area with seating for approximately 10-20 people.
• This T&T Supermarket branch has been open less than 3 years
• This supermarket is a great place to shop, although you need to know your pricing. Also has a good Chinese bakery.
• The Copa Café is located in the same complex. This is a Hong Kong style restaurant. See my review.
• There is free parking in the underground lot. Make sure you are parked in the free section. You can access the supermarket from the parkade.
• Adjacent to the the supermarket is the Richmond Oval (2010 Olympic venue). The Richmond Oval is now a multi-sport facility and also houses the Richmond Olympic Experience museum ( ROX for short). You can go for a free tour of the building (not the museum) if you book in advance.