We love our stay, feels like a home. Rooms were clean, location is good. Rooms and whole area was very big. Staff was very helpful. I lost one entrance card and they said its ok without asking for any charge. More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
We love our stay, feels like a home. Rooms were clean, location is good. Rooms and whole area was very big. Staff was very helpful. I lost one entrance card and they said its ok without asking for any charge. MoreShow less
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to hosting you again :)
Our 2-night stay here was EXCELLENT!!!
We had a 1 bedroom suite which actually has 2 bedrooms, one with a queen size bed and the other with up and down bunk beds.
The living room had a pull out couch do 6 people could stay here comfortably.
There is a full kitchen with dishwasher, stovetop, oven, full-size fridge as well as a washer and dryer including soap for 1-2 loads.
The commune area had 3 large BBQ's that were being well used as well as a large outdoor hot tub. There was also a fitness room but I didn't see it this trip ;)
The room was clean and well serviced.
Check-in and out was fast and friendly.
It gives us great pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay at The Copperstone and all it has to offer.We hope you will return to find the same experience!
So I reviewed the Copperstone Resort in Dead Man's Flats, Alberta back in 2016. That was a very nice experience staying there for sure back then with attentive staff and no issues encountered. This past week was our 4th trip back to the Copperstone Resort since then for a 5 night stay and we had multiple issues on this stay. Not sure what changed but I just want people to be aware and to help them make the best decisions for their travelling dollars. So on this particular stay, these were the issues we encountered:
(1) Our unit shared a deck with the condo next door. The people renting that unit were out there smoking marijuana morning, noon and evening and were smoking us out of our condo. Smoke was coming in the deck doors and the both bedroom windows. We finally had enough and called the Front Desk, who sent a rep that did a "sniff test" (I guess) in our condo. She went back to the Front Desk and called us to tell us that there was nothing that could be done. The condo next door was "independently owned" and she said the Resort did not have authority to help us with this issue. Her solution was for us to go down to the BBQ area and wait there for the marijuana smoke from the potheads to dissipate. The BBQ area where a worker was painting and doing work... On further investigation, there were reports of people complaining that dogs were barking continuously in some units and again, they were told those units were "independently owned" and the Resort said they couldn't do anything about that. Yet again, I heard of another case of a bunch of young people partying up a storm and making lots of noise and yet once again, it was an "independently owned" unit and the Resort could not help.
(2) A glass accidentally fell on the tile floor of the kitchen, but we were told by the Front Desk that Housekeeping "didn't have time" to bring a vacuum so we could clean up the millions of shards of broken glass. We didn't have a broom or a vacuum in the unit, so were on our hands and knees trying to clean it all up.
(3) Our king sized bed in our room had a flat sheet on the mattress, NOT a fitted sheet with mattress protector or mattress pad as one might expect, but a bare naked mattress with a flat sheet that was too small and the edges could not be tucked in. Made for a most uncomfortable sleep as the sheet got all twisted and we ended up sleeping mostly on that bare mattress. I asked the Front Desk about getting a proper fitted sheet and they said they would look into it, but again, nothing was ever done about it. The sheets were not changed in the 5 nights we stayed there and we fought with these linens all night long for our entire stay. Two of the pillow cases also had stains on them... and that was on the first day we checked in!
(4) Our shower liner was moldy and discolored on check in.
(5) Three out of the 5 nights, we were not left bath mats, dish cloths and tea towels (we were doing our own cooking and needed them for doing dishes).
(6) One day we had no housekeeping services at all. Our garbage was overflowing and recycling bin was overflowing.
(7) Toilet paper roll in our bathroom was "folded" by the cleaners, but it only had 2 squares of tissue on it! Didn't change it but took the time and effort to fold it and then we had to run around the resort asking for toilet tissue at the Front Desk.
(8) The website indicates that the bathrooms have hair dryers, but ours did not.
(9) We asked the Front Desk if the fire pit could be turned on one afternoon that we were sitting out there. We waited almost 2 hours and nobody ever came to turn it on for us.
Dear Debbie and Larry,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review, we are incredibly sorry for the issues you had while you were staying with us, I know we spoke several times during your stay but it seems like there were other issues and for that we are truly very sorry.
We do have very high standards and work hard to beat them. I called and just spoke with Larry again today, we discussed these issues and we discussed it with the housekeeping manager and our guest services team. We will make sure that our complete smoke free policy is up on all the websites.
"All units are 100% smoke free. Smoking is not permitted inside the hotel units. Ashtrays are provided outside on the deck/balcony. If evidence of smoking in the unit is discovered it will result is a $500 cleaning charge".
We will make sure that we improve that communication and thank you very much, we wish you all the best,
Nicely done rooms with full kitchen and nice amenities. The only problem was the fold out bed was extremely uncomfortable. If a foam pad was added to it I would give a five start review. Staff was friendly.
Thank you for taking the time to share your most welcome comments during your stay at The Copperstone. And bringing to our attention the fold out sofa beds. Our Front Desk Team are available 24 hrs and it would be our pleasure to assist you with any concern to make your stay most comfortable. We hope you will return so we may do our very best to make your next stay enjoyable as well.
Excellent value for this type of mountainous retreat. Have done this one a couple of times now, and will continue to go in the future. Front desk staff are so helpful in pointing out things to do and see in the surrounding area.
We are happy to hear you enjoyed another great stay at The Copperstone. And that we could also be of assistance to help you with information on how to make the best of your trip. We hope you will return for the same experience.
Loved my stay at Copperstone. The suite was perfect and the surroundings are so peaceful. Was disappointed that my patio space was so dirty I couldn’ Use it. Furniture was covered in dirt and cobwebs.
They are one of the best places I’ve stayed in in regards to pets. I had my dog with me and she was so welcomed. Overall, thanks for a great stay.
Thank you for choosing The Copperstone for your pet friendly accommodation. We are glad to hear both you and your family dog enjoyed all the Resort has to offer.We apologize for the condition of the balcony and our Front Desk Team available 24 hours would have been happy to assist you. We look forward to your return for another enjoyable stay!