“Asian Fusion”

The Blue Breeze Inn
Cuisines: Chinese, Minority Chinese
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Fantastic to go as a little group with so many great sharing plate options. All the food has a great flavor balance, adding a great cocktail helps wash it down.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

The staff were lovely, it's a pretty place with a great atmosphere, but I'd recommend it for drinks rather than food. There was a TINY selection of vegetarian food, which in an Asian-fusion place was surprising, and it wasn't great when it did arrive. There's only one veggie main course on the entire menu (& there were only 3 starters - and those 3 included a bowk of nuts) and I really didn't enjoy it. I was with friends who eat meat, but they also said their food wasn't as impressive as they remembered it being in the past.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

It's always hard to offer a comprehensive review of a restaurant when you have the ultimate dichotomy of great food with really poor service. This was our first time here and we explained that to the young waiter asking for help in ordering. He gave us some pointers, the food came and then he completely abandoned us. We ran out of pancakes for the Peking Duck and had to find a waitress to get some more. We also ordered another bottle of wine which never appeared. To add insult to injury we were then charged for the food consumed by the adjacent table. It's a real shame as I doubt we will return and yet the food was excellent.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

I am a kiwi visiting home from London where I live currently. It kills me to say this, but the service was terrible. When we arrived there was a massive queue out the front. There were loads of staff working, but only one working front of house to seat people. We finally got seated, and the food was amazing! The dumplings and wontons are the best I've ever tasted.

They don't do table service to pay your bill, so you have to go up to the front, where that same lonely person is serving everyone wanting to come in. There's a massive queue of people wanting to pay, and one till. I complained and they opened another till. The guy was friendly and quick, but I just think that the slow service really killed the vibe of the evening. Come on Auckland you can do better than that!!!

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Have gone many times and will keep coming back. Everything is consistently good. The pork belly bao is a must. Also cant go past the rhubarb chocolate pot, which is best shared...trust me, i tried (will probably try again...). On sundays the Peking duck 3 ways was also amazing. Could not fault the food. Ony suggestion is the seating along the bar is a bit of a pain. Makes it hard for people going past.