“Interesting”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 October 2017

The décor is a bit out-dated, but the staff are cheerful. My sister had salt and pepper squid for entrée and totally enjoyed it while I had garlic bread, which consisted of a platter with a variety of breads and a dish full of garlic butter. It would be worth going here just for the garlic bread.
Now the main meal this intrigued us. My Sister ordered Costata di Mango while I ordered the filleto al Frutta, when the meals arrived they were exactly the same, we. Questioned the waitress who rather foolishly tried to say they were not exactly the same. But when you get two meals that have the eye filet wrapped in bacon, pistachio nuts,schallots and what looked like the same sauce. Anyway we ate our meals and enjoyed them. We had booked just as well as the place got very busy and yes we coo plan on going back again.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We arrived for an early pre show dinner at a local venue and thought “we’ve found where this community eats.” Always a good sign! Friendly, fast service. House wines nice too and not expensive. Haloumi (with shrimp) delicious. Servings generous. They could be braver with the fish - my hapuku was lovely flavours but slightly too long on the heat. Would order small size pasta next time after an entree! Partner took home doggy bag but gnocchi is made to eat fresh. Definitely coming back for duck which looked supersized and yum.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Because I have been looking for months where to take a group of at least 23 of aged people for a lunch and got no replies or very poor replies at least La Rosa did reply I thought I would just pop in and try a lunch, I had a $20 lunch but I did add a hot chocolate so $26...I was impressed the service was great and my meal was nice, Garlic bread, Main meal and a Fruit Juice good ..so I have booked us in. It is found easy right by a round a bout down Captain Scott Road at the Glen Eden Shopping mall. From downtown get a train 35 minutes to Glen Eden (Swanson train) then walk over the main road, straight ahead is Captain Scott Road, or by bus from New Lynn a 154 service or 172 about 10 minutes. Wheelchair access is off the side road. So for a lunch good value..I had Nice Fillet steak, mushrooms and very good salad, you can have fries if you wish. Note they close at 2.30pm reopen 5.30pm I did not the evening meals are more expensive

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I've been there more than 3 times now, and each time I ordered the same main - the roasted half duck! My favorite dish. The portion is generous, and the duck is always roasted to perfection, juicy and tender. The dish comes with a side of salad, which you may ask to change to cooked vege if you prefer. I would highly recommend this dish to anyone who loves duck!

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

I've been going to La Rosa for years now and I've never had a bad experience. Food and service is always amazing and I couldn't fault a single thing! I absolutely love this place! Would defiantly recommend for amazing Italian food and atmosphere