“Good food, good location”

Huia Beach Store & Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 27 August 2018

If its not too busy you can sit over the road and enjoy the beach. A little bit pricey, but that is to be expected. Good coffee.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

A group of ten visited here for lunch on a Sunday. We all had a variety of food and drinks and every thing came out quite quickly. Plesantly surprised as a few reviews stated otherwise. We all enjoyed our meals and all stated that they will be back. They were quite busy so a big thank you to all the staff for the good service and good food. Cheers.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

I would like to say a big thank you to everyone at the huia store my making us feel special.
We were a big group of 16 and proberly very needy.
This was part of celebrating our father and scattering of his ashes at huia beach.
The service was attentive, food delicious and fresh. The three dogs were even looked after with doggie treats.
Thank you mum is very happy.

Date of visit: February 2018
2  Thank themusketts
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Been past the Huia Foodstore on the way to Whatipu a couple of times. It looked OK and there were always more than a few people in it, so we decided to give it a go on our latest trip.

Glad we did because the burgers were both very tasty and great value. A plus was that chips were optional, which is a welcome change.

My wife had a smoked chicken burger tailored to her requirements, with no chips, and I had the Angus burger and chips.

Not gourmet food perhaps, but certainly gourmet burgers :)

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Us Aucklanders have a secret , it’s called Huia, and if you make the effort to find it, then your rewards will be outstanding views and relaxation
But...
Your hunger will come on, there is no supermarket, corner shop, there is a cafe, and it’s worth every cent, have the meaty big breakfast
With a bowl of hot chocolate , I have done this every 2-3 months, it’s the cafe I take friends and family too , no other cafe gets me except this .
Love it