“Absolute ridiculous platter lunch for 3 @$60. It was Terrible.”

Artisan Wines Vineyard Restaurant
Ranked #3,006 of 3,938 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed 18 March 2017

Suggest diners seek a far superior restaurant in west Auckland.
The beef strips in the Vietnamese platter still raw and the rest of the platter was not good. The price for 3 $60 was not value for money.
I ordered a fruit juice mixture and the elder waitress said why not wine we will go broke.
I felt sorry for other patrons today.
The only good thing about this place today was the sum.

Maria S, Manager at Artisan Wines Vineyard Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Really sorry that you were not happy with your platter....will pass on the message re the rare beef.....re the comment regarding wine, it was done in jest ....and intended to be light hearted. Apologies.

Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

This was the most disappointing wine tasting my partner and I have experienced. We were made to feel like an inconvenience - unwelcome, and rushed. We were told nothing about the wine, and during our tasting were rotated through several staff members who simply handed us the wine and then proceeded to talk over us to each other. Icing on the cake was being criticised for the order of tasting the wines. Isn't this normally part of tasting to be guided on this? I don't believe they should advertising tasting if they don't have the time to do this properly.

Maria S, Manager at Artisan Wines Vineyard Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2017

Really sorry about your experience...normally I am the one doing the tastings and attend to most people....had some new staff on to fill the gaps and they were not experienced enough. I was unable to attend as I have lost the ability to walk on one side of my body. Should you ever come back, please ask for me....my name is Maria.

Apologies again.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

We stopped here to enjoy some wine and food in the sun. The sun was perfect. The wine tasting was good. Food was mediocre, and did not represent very good value for money. Considering the food is to be had with wine it was sparse which to me is not particularly socially responsible. Three small pieces of pita bread for $9 was really rather disappointing. We ordered a platter for $46 for three. Two fresh spring rolls, two pulled pork buns, a small helping of coleslaw and a few pieces of beef. We left feeling hungry and slightly ripped off. This is a shame as the setting is fantastic.

Maria S, General Manager at Artisan Wines Vineyard Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Really sorry that you thought the food was sparse on the platter...this is a new platter and will pass on the information to the kitchen. Re the pita...normally there is atleast 4 pieces and so apologise if there was only three. We have not had complaints regarding the pita pockets before.
Everyone who visited us on the day you did seemed to be very happy, so once again we apologise.
Should you wish to visit us again we will ensure that like everyone else you are well looked after.

Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

A trip to the West planned. Sought advice from trip advisor. Had been to one other vineyard in the area.The other top recommended eatery in kumeu was fully booked. So to Artisan almost be default. So glad it happened. Loved the Pinot Gris. The food is surprising actually. ... very much based on local produce.And an array of platters too. A very well cooked fish and squid with a large serving of 4 superb salads. Just a delight. Surprised it has not received more reviews actually.

Reviewed 12 February 2016

Enjoyed a light breakfast in their garden. Friendly staff and good food. If you're driving around looking for random places to stop and eat, this place is quite nice.