“Birthday storm!”

Ranked #244 of 4,327 Restaurants in Auckland
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The award winning Conservatory bar and restaurant is the perfect blend between casual dining and drinking. Perfectly situated on the waters edge in the heart of the city, the ambience is fun, unpretentious and incredibly welcoming. As the worlds "first living bar", the green wall is the main feature with comfortable seating designed for you to relax all day and late into the night. Our delectable food is produced with local,free range and predominantly organic produce, with plates designed to share, from fresh seafood to salads, our infamous 18 inch pizzas, or our mouth watering mains. With vases of beer, a supreme selection of New Zealand wine and carefully designed cocktails, this truly is that place that suits every occasion. The Conservatory - it's about living
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

We have been to The Conservatory before and decided we will meet my son here for his birthday. Again we were not disappointed.

Despite the fact that there were a rain storm outside staff kept serving us with their usual upbeat hospitality! For food, we kept it simple, some beef and chicken burgers and my son had the ribs. All meals were large and combined with some great cocktails, a good time was had by all.

I will highly recommend this place for patrons who are not in a hurry and want to be seved by people who will put a smile on your face!

Thanks guys, for a really great relaxing Saturday afternoon! We will be back!!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Loved the food and drinks, service was fab! beautiful view and a good place to people watch Lol good place to visit in summer and sit outside.

Management response:Responded 19 August 2017

Hi Nick and Janet,

Thanks for your kind words, hope to see you down here again soon!

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Recently I celebrated my 30th birthday in which my husband organised a surprise party here at The Conservatory. It was the absolutely best night! The staff were very accommodating, Manu the waiter was amazing, nothing was too much trouble he went out of his way to ensure the surprise went as my husband had planned, right down to ensuring guests were quiet and lights were out. The food we ordered was outstanding! The guests devoured it all. The cocktails were spot on and I cant thank The staff enough it was perfect!

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Tall, cold beers, good wine, and yummy appetizers... yes, please. You pay a bit more for the bay-side tables where a seaplane regularly took off and landed and with a steady stream of passer-bys made the outdoor tables a perfect for people watching.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

We arrived at The Conservatory quite by chance after a dreadful experience at Marvel Grill, next door. It was about 2.30pm on a beautiful Sunday afternoon and we were offered higher seats, lower seats or couches. We chose the latter and sat a wee way back from the 'Hey look at me seats'. Very soon after sitting we were offered drinks and they arrived quick smart. Next came the menu and we ordered after a few minutes. While waiting it was very interesting watching the bar and serving staff. They were lively, there was continuous banter between them and they really looked as if they thoroughly enjoyed what they were doing.
Our light meals arrived without undue delay and we both opted for the Prawns & Scallops. Being aware I was Gluten Free a green salad arrived in lieu of bread. The inclusion of the salad was a nice touch and I had no input into that decision. These light meals were very tasty and well presented. Nice to come to a place where there is good rhythm.

Management response:Responded 28 July 2017

Richard thank you for kind words. It was a pleasure looking after you and your wife, always good to have customers with great sense of humour.

Hopefully see you down this way again soon, your first Stella Artois is on me.

Thanks again,