“Very flavoursome food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 January 2018

We went here for late lunch. The food was exceptional, I had a chicken wrap with blue chees sauce, this was delicious, it was accompanied by curly fries but to be honest the wrap was so big and so good that I wasted most of the fries. The waiting staff and owner are really pleasant, only warning, don't sit outside in a gale, the wind was blowing the umberelkes over.please give this lovely Mexican a go.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Been here several times whilst in Auckland and the food has always been excellent and it was again tonight. Service was good except the new waiter who served us messed up a little but it didn’t spoil our visit . The manager did by reprimanding our waiter within earshot of our table about how he’d messed up our order. He should never have done that in the restaurant in earshot if customers - the magnets at fault for this, a waiter who had only been there a week will get things wrong but never reprimand a waiter in front of customers !!! Very poor management, manager you need reprimanding !!!!

1  Thank JasonLJ
Reviewed 13 December 2017

We called into this restaurant whilst visiting Mission bay as we all decided on Mexican.
Welcome was friendly but I objected to handing over my credit card just to sit outside. We compromised by eating 'Just' inside which was still in the sun.
We choose three different items from the lunch menu and all were huge. There was a slight Mexican favour to all dishes but none were spicy. This however did not detract us from enjoying the food.
We will be returning patrons when next in the area.

1  Thank david p
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

I had been staying nearby and walked along Mission bay looking at all of the restaurants and food options.

I tried Dos Amigoes.

It was early so there were plenty of tables.

Service was ok. No real welcom no explanation of the menus.

The food I ordered did come very quickly.

Taste was ok but nothing special. No deep flavours. I asked for hot sauce and was handed two nearly empty bottles.

This flavour did help bring the plate to life somewhat.

Great position for people watching and looking out to the ocean.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Been here a few times and the mains have always been amazing, and huge portions, I can never finish mine. I'm a vegetarian and every dish has a vege option. The fajitas are my favourite, taste really fresh, lots of veges. Nachos are nice, however more guacamole is needed. My partner hasloved all the meat dishes. A bit on the pricey side. Service is good, food comes out super quick.

Desserts really disappointing. The chocolate cake had a gelantinous texture and taste. The apple chimichanga was nothing special at all, yet sounded so nice on the menu. Both dishes quite small portions. Don't bother getting desserts here.