“Great service, yum food!”
Review of Dos Amigos

Dos Amigos
Ranked #429 of 4,215 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2016

5 of us went here for dinner for a friends birthday on a Tuesday night. The service is very efficient and friendly. My friend happen to just mention that it was her birthday to the waitress who smiled and wished her a happy birthday, took our drinks orders and left the table. We ordered the chipotle prawns, ribs, beef and fish fajitas. Everything was excellent with just the right amount of heat. The fish and prawns were as fresh as you can get! Meals here are a little more expensive that your average mexican place, but the porton sizes are bigger. Towards the end of the night the waitress who wished our friend a happy birthday came out singing happy birthday in spanish with a 3 other waiteresses, a huge sambrero and a plate of churros with a candle in it and chocolate sauce. lol What an awesome gesture. It's things like this that make a difference. Will definately be back :)

Reviewed 5 August 2016

I was not a fan of Mexican food before my friends brought me to Dos Amigos. I love this place! My favourite dish is the Buffalo Chicken & Blue Cheese Salad which is exceptional! I've even had the Quesadilla, Tequila Lime Chicken, Tacos and Buffalo Wings that are pretty delicious too. the food is well complimented with the service and hospitality that their amazing staff provide. The restaurant's location is pretty sweet too, looking straight out to the bay and Rangitoto. Highly recommend! :)

Reviewed 3 August 2016

starAbsolutely amazing. Staff were fantastic and attentive to our 10 person table. I loved everything I ate - the spicy bites were fantastic, the buffalo wings were ultra tasty and the guacamole was super fresh. The Tequila Lime chicken was perfectly cooked with a delicious char and I couldn't leave a bean on the plate. My partner had the full rack of ribs. The mains are a generous size so he just had leftover ribs for breakfast (he's very happy that he got to eat them twice as he LOVED them). Rounded off with apple chimichanga and chilli choc brownie for dessert, washed down with the obligatory tequila. The birthday girl even got to wear a sombrero and had happy birthday sung to her in Spanish (Mexican?).
Super happy with the food, service and atmosphere and very deserving of 5 big fat stars.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

Super friendly staff, nothing is too much trouble and the food is good Mexican and reasonably priced. Frozen Margaritas are delicious. Make sure you ask to meet the bearded lizards!!

Reviewed 26 June 2016

went there twice, first time was just for small bite and drink with friends was good, second time went there for my friend birthday the atmosphere still good relaxing but the food just average, I had grilled chicken with rice and some black beens, the stuff were friendly, service was good.