“Great value, delicious Thai food”

Chilli Banana Thai Street Food
Ranked #7 of 29 Restaurants in Bramhall
Price range: US$13 - US$18
Description: We are an authentic and vibrant Thai street food restaurant and take-away, with home delivery service also available. We boast an extensive menu of classic street food dishes and monthly specials displayed on our chalk board.
Reviewed 20 February 2018

My parents treated me to a meal here at the weekend. The restaurant was packed with a great atmosphere. Food is fantastic value, around £12-£15 for main. Some reviews here have complained about small portions, but I disagree - everything was so tasty I was 100% satisfied. I had a mixed starter, followed by the crispy stir-fried belly pork, which was incredible. I also had a taste of the green curry, which was good and spicy. Staff were friendly and attentive. If I had to be really picky, I'd suggest Chilli Banana get some comfier chairs - the metal chairs are very trendy, but actually not very nice to sit on for a nice, leisurely dinner

1  Thank Jessica55591

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

We’ve had takeaways from here on a number of occasions. The food tastes nice, but the portions are very small and it’s poor value for money.

1  Thank BramhallHatter
Chilli B, Owner at Chilli Banana Thai Street Food, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear BramhallHatter,

Thank you for your recent review.

We are sorry to hear of your disappointments with our portion sizes and value for money, however, we thank you for your repeat business.

Firstly, let me address the issues regarding our portion sizes. We have not made any reductions in our portion sizes in some time and we are of the opinion that they are more than satisfactory. Bar one recent review we have not received any feedback suggesting any similar issues and so we would be delighted if you could please provide some more detailed feedback on this issue, including any dishes that you felt were small. If you could please send this to bramhall@chillibanana.co.uk that would be most appreciated.

With regards to the value of our food, we only use the finest ingredients in our cooking and source them both locally and from Thailand. For instance, our meat is supplied by Beards who are local butcher in Bramhall, our vegetables are supplied by Unwins who are also local to Bramhall and the lime leaf and curry pastes we use are all imported from Thailand. This falls in line with our aim to deliver restaurant quality food even in our takeaways.

We do hope that this does not deter you from ordering with us again.

Kind regards

Steven
Owner

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Never used chilli banana before but really enjoyed the food and service - food was really nice and would certainly eat again at chilli banana bramhall

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

This Thai take away has progressively made the portions of the meals smaller and smaller. This is an extremely expensive take away. The food is very nice, however, the portions are embarrassingly small. After ordering a starter, main and a rice any other take away you would be completely full and satisfied. There would more than likely be left overs left! After my meal I was still starving!!!! When the place first opened the portions were good, now they are stingy. When you are paying so much money for a take away you expect that it would at least fill you up. Will never go again.

5  Thank Stuart D

Dear Stuart D,

Thank you for taking some time to leave a review of the Chilli Banana, Bramhall.

I’m disappointed to hear that you feel our takeaway portions have decreased over time, however, we are delighted to hear that you feel our food is high quality.

Let me first reassure you that we have not made any amendments to our portion sizes. Furthermore, we continue to use ingredients sourced from Thailand and local suppliers, including Beards butchers and do pride ourselves on quality over quantity. We only use the most authentic and locally sourced ingredients to ensure that we deliver the Thai street food experience. In addition to this, I believe that our portion sizes at present are more than generous and this is in fact the first feedback we have received on this issue for some time.

Nevertheless, we take all feedback seriously and we would be interested to hear what it was you ordered on that evening. Consequently, if you could please email the details of your order to bramhall@chillibanana.co.uk that would be most appreciated.

Many thanks for your review and we do hope to see you soon.

Steven
Owner

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Fantastic restaurant & great food!
Staff very efficient and manager extremely friendly.
Would thoroughly recommend!