Coconutbeach Bungalows(Koh Rong)(Great Value!)
US$8
US$35
US$34
  • Bar/Lounge
Bunnan Bungalows and Restaurant(Koh Rong)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$31
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Palm Beach Bungalow Resort(Koh Rong)(Great Value!)
US$22
US$63
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$71/night.

All reviewsjungle villawater villaprivate pooldriftwood barlocal communitybarefoot luxurydestination diningvista restaurantmini barpaddle boardingour honeymoonin villa diningmovie nightspa treatmentsmain poolfishing boatsdining experiences
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

First of all, before we had a plan to another place to our honeymoon. But, we want to give it a try to this island in Cambodia. Me and Steven (my husband) want to say Thank You for the amazing service that was given by all the people in Song Saa. Great job, guys!

So, when we arrived to Song Saa Island, we were greeted by Karen (General Manager of Song Saa) and some of staffs. Hi Karen! Nice meeting you.

Fyi, we had such a terrible long journey from Wuxi (China) to Siem Reap. With 2x delayed flights, less sleep, hungry and we almost got sick. We had a great service since we arrived in Sihanoukville Airport who picked us in the airport and the people on the boat was helpful as well, makes us safe and secure even the weather was not good on that day. We got drinks on the boat and the staffs were explained and told us about Song Saa. After all, when we arrived to Song Saa, all of our tiredness was gone. Song Saa such a beautiful island, very relaxing, all staffs are warm and friendly, they greeted us with a welcome drinks and cold towel.

The villa that we booked was a stunning view jungle villa with the private pool inside. I was impressed with the bathroom interior and the bathtub. Perfect for you who looking for a privacy, intimate and relaxing villa. But, there's quite a lot of mosquitoes inside of the villa too.

We would like to said thank you to Mr. Goza that has been served us during our honeymoon. He's one of a kind with his very good english, really patient to listen to our needs, always smile, and provide our requests even it's impossible, haha!

Here the tips, if you want to stay in Song Saa please book the All Inclusive Villa, they gave you unlimited food and drinks (unlimited wine, champagne, sparkling, soft drinks, etc), transportation from Sihanoukville airport and boat, they will arranged all for you! If you guys are family, I strongly suggest you to book Over Water Villa (amazing spacious villa and beautiful view)

Thank you Miss. Srey that always reply our emails since the beginning with fast respond and helps our needs. Also, thanks to Miss. Ruby that helped my husband to arranged the secret romantic dinner on the beach, with flowers, big cakes, great food, all surprised me! Such an unforgettable night, thanks Miss. Ruby! But I remembered, me and Steven prefer the sweet wines, but Song Saa only have a bitter wine so we decided to drink sparking water instead. They once offered us a rose wine, but still tastes bitter for us. So we never drink their wine.

The meat was our favourite menu. We repeatedly order the steak, sandwich and pizza. Last but not least, we would like to say thank you to the room service staffs they were absolutely work hard always bring us happiness with full of great foods and wines that we were ordering from our villa.

Thank you Song Saa Private Island for gave us such a memorable honeymoon to us!

Regards,
Steven & Rika

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank r1karegina
Karen M, General Manager at Song Saa Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dearest Rika and Steven,
(I never use the names of guests who stay at Song Saa once they have left to protect your privacy - so this is an exception - one I am very happy to make as I remember you fondly). Thank you for the lovely and informative review... it's always helpful for the island team to know what guests like/not like as well as helpful to other guests thinking of reserving the island. I agree, jungle villas offer privacy and jungle views of the canopy as they are on top of the hill in the centre of the island. Oceanview is a firm favourite for guests who don't want to leave their villa given the private beach deck and dining Sala. The overwater villas offer guests direct access to the water and have a glass floor panel in the lounge area to watch the fish and marine life below. They also offer views over to Koh Kong and sunset as well as the comings and goings of the local fishing boats each day. I will pass on your thanks to the island team mentioned and I am truly delighted Ruby helped Steven organise your romantic dinner... I must ask her to have a word with my own husband sometime also ; )

We look forward to welcoming you back to your island home, perhaps this time next year for your anniversary.

warmest regards and thanks

Karen and the Song Saa Family

Reviewed 11 July 2017

To say we loved our time at Song Saa would be an understatement. Everything about the place is exceptional. Firstly, it was much easier to get to than we expected. There are several flights each day to and from Phnom Penh and Siem Reap and various other places. We flew from Siem Reap which was a flight of under one hour. Song Saa's fantastic staff met us at the airport with a cold towel and a selection of cold drinks and drove us 20 minutes to the port (in a new air-conditioned van with working seatbelts!). My wife doesn't like small boats and she worried about the boat ride to the island. It turned our she had nothing to worry about. The journey to the island was a comfortable 40 minute ride in the resort's own boat which is modern and obviously well-maintained and big enough to comfortably transport about 12 or 14 people with luggage.

On arrival we were greeted by the island's staff who briefly welcomed us and took us directly to the island's over-water restaurant for a drink and some lunch while our bags were taken to our villa. I have had some disappointing experiences with the food at some of the island resorts I have visited. Not at Song Saa. The food is fresh, creative and excellent. The menu changed each night of our seven-night stay and we were pleasantly surprised with the quality each night. Our visit was during the wet season which required us to eat in the covered over-water restaurant on two occasions but the staff encouraged us to eat under the stars, on the beach or by the pool whenever the weather allowed. They have done a great job of providing so many dining options. We had the full board package. It allows total freedom to eat and drink what, when and where you like. We were very happy with it.

When we were shown to our two-bedroom jungle villa, we were blown away by the size, the view and the decor. Sweeping water views, almost total privacy and enough space to comfortably accommodate quite a few more people than our family of four. The kitchen even had a fully stocked mojito station with instructions about how to make the perfect cocktail in case we felt like starting our holiday with a few drinks by our private pool. We did!

Each room had its own enormous bathroom with a twin shower and and magnificent over-sized bathtub with views over tropical gardens. In addition, each bathroom had a patio with an outdoor shower. It was a great way to wake up each morning.

We were also pleasantly surprised by the weather. We knew we were visiting during the off-season when the weather is not at its best but, I would be very tempted to visit again at this time of year. Of the seven days we were there we had four days of clear skies and beautiful warm weather with no humidity. It did rain for one entire day but it was beautiful to just sit and relax with a book and listen to the tropical rain or book into the spa for a treatment. On the remaining days we received about an hour or two of rain either in the morning or evening with the rest of the day sunny and beautiful. I wouldn't have changed it.

The staff were friendly and attentive but non-intrusive. We felt completely comfortable letting our children (aged 6 and 9) stay in the room by themselves to watch a movie while we had dinner on a couple of occasions. The island has a wide range of films and can set up a big-screen projector in the villa complete with pop-corn and ice cream for a movie night. It was great.

The island was fully booked on two night we were there but it has been laid out in such a way that we felt like we had almost total privacy for most of the time we were there. Although our villa had a beautiful private pool, we spent a lot of time at the main pool (closer to the bar) and rarely saw anyone else except at breakfast and during dinners in the over-water restaurant.

The spa is exceptional. My wife and I had several treatments and we can highly recommend a massage by Chilli.

I also recommend taking the opportunity to visit the nearby fishing village which is supported by the resort's Foundation. Many of the resort staff are from the village and it is was very encouraging to see the significant positive impact the resort has had on the local community including provision of medical services, improvements in education, provision of clean water and social awareness etc. It would be great to see other resorts in developing countries following suit with this type of support of their local communities.

We stayed for seven nights but would have been very happy to have stayed longer. We will certainly be back. We were told about the "moving feast party" that is held on New Year's Eve. It sounds fantastic and we plan to go back for it next year.

This is a longer review than I would normally write but I cannot praise Song Saa highly enough. We have been fortunate to visit some wonderful places over the years but Song Saa is up with the best of them. Put it on the bucket list.

Room Tip: We stayed in a two-room jungle villa which provided beautiful views over the water and the adjacent island with complete privacy.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank AUSPRL

Dear Guest,
I am truly grateful for the review and that we managed to live up to your expectation and more - especially as it was for seven nights.

I think you have said it all in your incredibly helpful insite to the island and I really hope we can welcome you back in the future as you mentioned on island for the Song Saa Soirée... which is our New Years eve program... Last year was the first year we did this and the whole team (and guests) were amazing and completely bought into our crazy plan. Watch this space, perhaps we will be able to post some photos on the site... or should we keep it a secret?

Our warmest regards and thanks for writing the review.

Karen and the Song Saa Island family

Reviewed 27 May 2017

We had a magical stay on the island in a two-bedroom villa, with our 18-month-old child. I can vouch for the two-bedroom, they are simply stunning, with panoramic views and a large private pool--well-worth the additional cost.

The atmosphere was relaxed and welcoming—understated barefoot luxury, far from any 'stuffy' vibes. The staff was lovely, and so great with our toddler, showing extra care and attention to ensure his stay was lovely as well. They even provided the right brands of baby soaps, bath toys, etc. He especially loved watching them craft our pizzas and bake them in them in the wood-fired over at the driftwood bar.

Highly recommended--the longer the stay the better!

Room Tip: Ocean-view villas face the rising sun, and have a bit more privacy. Excellent!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank ecrow310
Karen M, General Manager at Song Saa Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review and I can safely say that "you know who" was the biggest hit on the island - especially as he is more fluent in Khmer than most - including me sadly.

We put a lot of thought into how we can make the experience better for families travelling, It's exhausting at the best of times so if we can help a little take the stress away form the basics, then delighted to help.

Also glad the Hornbills presented themselves - as mentioned I spend my early mornings and evenings trying to find them for guests and delighted they presented themselves freely to you.

Until next time,

Karen and the island family

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Song Saa was just simply amazing.

We stayed in the ocean view villa, which was just really beautiful. It was built and decorated with what I'd like to call a conservation aesthetic--artwork made from the wood of old boats, for example. The room had its own saltwater, infinity pool that we liked to dip into after a hot afternoon of all sorts of activities. I loved the small touches that just made me feel so welcome: a wide-brimmed hat and a traditional Khmer scarf or krama; fresh fruit in the fridge, sweet morsels in a coconut husk by the bed. We had our last breakfast in the little nook by the pool, watching the the water.

Our stay was a mix of activity and relaxation. I managed to wake up for morning yoga, which really set a great tone for the rest of the day. We opted to visit the nearest village and learned about climate change and how they were affected, as well as what the Song Saa Foundation's activities for sustainability and community development. We snorkeled around the house reef and did a short trek on the neighboring islet, finding the surprise oceanview gym for our troubles (it's really something). On a moonless night, we swam in the ocean, in swirls of bioluminescence. At sunset of our last evening there, we received the head monk's blessing for a safe onward journey.

The service from the second we were met at the Sihanoukville port until we departed was top notch. The staff are all friendly and highly competent. The two restaurants on the island were great: one restaurant was simply beautiful for enjoying both breakfast and dinner/drinks. We also enjoyed a decadent afternoon sailing to a secluded beach for a picnic--highly recommended.

I’d never been to Sihanoukville and Cambodia was never a place I’d associate with an island getaway. The weekend in Song Saa was so wonderfully refreshing, relaxing and indelibly memorable. Any tension or worry I felt before stepping foot there just melted away. I feel incredibly grateful for this memory of bliss, a literal “happy place” I can now go to in my mind. Get involved in their conservation and community activities for a truly fulfilling experience, and support the Song Saa Foundation.

Room Tip: Ocean view was great, but if you can splurge for the bigger ones on the water, that would be amazing!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
9  Thank sisamesky
Karen M, General Manager at Song Saa Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Dear Guest,
I am delighted that you found our little piece of paradise to be everything you hoped and more. We are so "busy" in our everyday lives that to take time out and reconnect is what we think is the true meaning of luxury today.
People often ask me why Song Saa is different than other properties I have looked after and my answer is that it has a genuine soul. We are not a Hotel, but an extension of Home... where you are safe and looked after with out any agenda. Where the team help to look after you with genuine sincerity from a humble stance and are truly delighted you chose to come to their home and experience their Cambodia.
A picnic to 'Five Mile Beach' by speedboat to swim in turquoise waters or dig your toes into the white sand... all of these moments are exactly why everyone from Rory and Mel to the team on the ground work so hard to ensure we never lose site of the true meaning of 'Luxury' for most people today 'Time'.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and share your Song Saa Experience and we look forward to welcoming you home to the island to find more of your 'Bliss'.

warmest regards

Karen and the Song Say Family

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Simply stunning. Karen and her team exceeded all our expectations . The staff was attentive but not intrusive and remember everything. Outstanding. We finished our last evening with poolside private dinner. Was exceptional.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Dearest Guest,
You are so kind and thank you for the kind words about exceeding your expectations - may this never change.

The people of Cambodia are the countries biggest gift and we are lucky enough to have a team of people who feel that Song Saa is their home and have a real connection to the island, it's owners and the guests. They are passionate, genuine and truly care, which is so rare in our lives today and I am very grateful to have a team who think of each other as family and want you to experience and be part of this family.

Song Saa is magical in so many ways and creating these moments around the island for you is all part of what we do. May you always take the opportunity to walk barefoot and reconnect.

We never say "goodbye" at Song Saa, only "see you soon" .

warmest regards and thanks for taking the time to write the review

Karen and the Island family