US$34
US$15
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Coconutbeach Bungalows(Koh Rong)(Great Value!)
US$8
US$35
US$34
  • Bar/Lounge
Bunnan Bungalows and Restaurant(Koh Rong)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$7
US$6
US$31
Agoda.com
  • Free Breakfast
  • Beachfront
Palm Beach Bungalow Resort(Koh Rong)(Great Value!)
US$22
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$20
US$21
  • Free Breakfast
All reviewsjungle villawater villaprivate pooldriftwood barlocal communitybarefoot luxurydestination diningvista restaurantmini barpaddle boardingour honeymoonin villa diningmovie nightspa treatmentsmain poolfishing boatsdining experiences
Reviewed 27 May 2017

We had a magical stay on the island in a two-bedroom villa, with our 18-month-old child. I can vouch for the two-bedroom, they are simply stunning, with panoramic views and a large private pool--well-worth the additional cost.

The atmosphere was relaxed and welcoming—understated barefoot luxury, far from any 'stuffy' vibes. The staff was lovely, and so great with our toddler, showing extra care and attention to ensure his stay was lovely as well. They even provided the right brands of baby soaps, bath toys, etc. He especially loved watching them craft our pizzas and bake them in them in the wood-fired over at the driftwood bar.

Highly recommended--the longer the stay the better!

Room Tip: Ocean-view villas face the rising sun, and have a bit more privacy. Excellent!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank ecrow310
Karen M, General Manager at Song Saa Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review and I can safely say that "you know who" was the biggest hit on the island - especially as he is more fluent in Khmer than most - including me sadly.

We put a lot of thought into how we can make the experience better for families travelling, It's exhausting at the best of times so if we can help a little take the stress away form the basics, then delighted to help.

Also glad the Hornbills presented themselves - as mentioned I spend my early mornings and evenings trying to find them for guests and delighted they presented themselves freely to you.

Until next time,

Karen and the island family

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Song Saa was just simply amazing.

We stayed in the ocean view villa, which was just really beautiful. It was built and decorated with what I'd like to call a conservation aesthetic--artwork made from the wood of old boats, for example. The room had its own saltwater, infinity pool that we liked to dip into after a hot afternoon of all sorts of activities. I loved the small touches that just made me feel so welcome: a wide-brimmed hat and a traditional Khmer scarf or krama; fresh fruit in the fridge, sweet morsels in a coconut husk by the bed. We had our last breakfast in the little nook by the pool, watching the the water.

Our stay was a mix of activity and relaxation. I managed to wake up for morning yoga, which really set a great tone for the rest of the day. We opted to visit the nearest village and learned about climate change and how they were affected, as well as what the Song Saa Foundation's activities for sustainability and community development. We snorkeled around the house reef and did a short trek on the neighboring islet, finding the surprise oceanview gym for our troubles (it's really something). On a moonless night, we swam in the ocean, in swirls of bioluminescence. At sunset of our last evening there, we received the head monk's blessing for a safe onward journey.

The service from the second we were met at the Sihanoukville port until we departed was top notch. The staff are all friendly and highly competent. The two restaurants on the island were great: one restaurant was simply beautiful for enjoying both breakfast and dinner/drinks. We also enjoyed a decadent afternoon sailing to a secluded beach for a picnic--highly recommended.

I’d never been to Sihanoukville and Cambodia was never a place I’d associate with an island getaway. The weekend in Song Saa was so wonderfully refreshing, relaxing and indelibly memorable. Any tension or worry I felt before stepping foot there just melted away. I feel incredibly grateful for this memory of bliss, a literal “happy place” I can now go to in my mind. Get involved in their conservation and community activities for a truly fulfilling experience, and support the Song Saa Foundation.

Room Tip: Ocean view was great, but if you can splurge for the bigger ones on the water, that would be amazing!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
9  Thank sisamesky
Karen M, General Manager at Song Saa Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Dear Guest,
I am delighted that you found our little piece of paradise to be everything you hoped and more. We are so "busy" in our everyday lives that to take time out and reconnect is what we think is the true meaning of luxury today.
People often ask me why Song Saa is different than other properties I have looked after and my answer is that it has a genuine soul. We are not a Hotel, but an extension of Home... where you are safe and looked after with out any agenda. Where the team help to look after you with genuine sincerity from a humble stance and are truly delighted you chose to come to their home and experience their Cambodia.
A picnic to 'Five Mile Beach' by speedboat to swim in turquoise waters or dig your toes into the white sand... all of these moments are exactly why everyone from Rory and Mel to the team on the ground work so hard to ensure we never lose site of the true meaning of 'Luxury' for most people today 'Time'.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and share your Song Saa Experience and we look forward to welcoming you home to the island to find more of your 'Bliss'.

warmest regards

Karen and the Song Say Family

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Simply stunning. Karen and her team exceeded all our expectations . The staff was attentive but not intrusive and remember everything. Outstanding. We finished our last evening with poolside private dinner. Was exceptional.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Dearest Guest,
You are so kind and thank you for the kind words about exceeding your expectations - may this never change.

The people of Cambodia are the countries biggest gift and we are lucky enough to have a team of people who feel that Song Saa is their home and have a real connection to the island, it's owners and the guests. They are passionate, genuine and truly care, which is so rare in our lives today and I am very grateful to have a team who think of each other as family and want you to experience and be part of this family.

Song Saa is magical in so many ways and creating these moments around the island for you is all part of what we do. May you always take the opportunity to walk barefoot and reconnect.

We never say "goodbye" at Song Saa, only "see you soon" .

warmest regards and thanks for taking the time to write the review

Karen and the Island family

Reviewed 6 May 2017

We stayed for 6 nights in an Ocean View villa which was stunning. Every morning brought a beautiful sunrise (some we missed!) and the whole feel is understated island luxury. Karen the manager is an incredibly attentive host and has a lovely gentle approach to ensuring that everything you want happens. A quiet little walk to watch the sunset from a secluded spot on the island resulted in the delivery of an ice bucket, champagne and glasses and 2 chairs carried half the length of the island to us.
I am slightly bemused by the comments regarding the staff as they are so helpful and willing to please and I would prefer their charm to the detached polish that can exist in the manner of staff in some expensive resorts/hotels. We didnt use the beach or the pool because with our own private beach area and pool it was too hard to drag ourselves away from the villa. Ooooh did I mention the best massage in a long time! The spa is brilliant.

Room Tip: We loved out Beach view villa with its own plunge pool outdoor area and sandy beach
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suzie R
Karen M, General Manager at Song Saa Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Dear Guest,

I have a smile on my face writing the response to your review as I remember the team and I organising that... those are the moments that we try to create.

Thank you for allowing us to look after you and for all the great suggestions and feedback on island. We hope to welcome you back to Paradise in the near future.

Warmest regards and personal thanks

Karen and the Island Family

Reviewed 3 May 2017

We stayed at Song Saa for 3 nights April 20 to 22 and it was pure bliss! Such a beautiful retreat. You take a boat from Sihanoukville Port to the Island, As the boat approached the General Manager, Karen, and staff are all at the dock waving and welcoming you. We were assigned Kim as our Customer Experience member who took us to our Jungle Villa 6. Upon entering the Villa we were simply blown away! It was amazing. It was huge with it's own Plunge pool and the view from the deck and pool looked out to the other islands in the Archipelago and was stunning. We went full board so all food and drink is included. We stayed here during our 3 week trip of Cambodia and celebrated a special occasion. Once Kim left us in our villa we found a bottle of Champagne chilling in an ice bucket and some food in the fridge. A very nice welcome. The infinity pool is amazing, and we spent most of our time by the pool. The beach looked lovely but there are sea urchins in the water and we didn't want to risk stepping on them as the are very painful. It's a place where you can do as much or as little as you want. For the 3 nights we were there we had "Destination" dinners which were held at different areas of the island and a set menu which was absolutely delicious! The breakfast restaurant is over the water and is simply a beautiful way to start the day. It was very sad to leave, as we would have loved to stay longer. They also have the Song Saa Foundation on the island which is there to help the locals of the islands in the Archipelago. An unforgettable place and experience. We loved every minute of it. Thank you Karen and staff and keep up the great work. We hope to be back one day!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael S

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the kind review and for taking the time to tell other guests about your experience... it sounds like you truly connected with the island.

We are all delighted that you have taken a little bit of Song Saa into your hearts and some of those lovely memories that will hopefully last a lifetime.

You have said it all in your review and all that remains for me to say is "Thank You" for allowing us to look after you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future... until then, remember to walk barefoot whenever possible.

warm regards