The Tower Hotel(Talgarth)
US$112
  • Free Breakfast
The Swan at Hay(Hay-on-Wye)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$125
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

US$228
Rhydspence Inn(Whitney-on-Wye)
US$153
  • Free Breakfast
Cedars Guest House(Builth Wells)(Great Value!)
US$72
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$138
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$155/night.

Wye Knot Stop(Llyswen)
TripAdvisor
All reviewslaura ashleyafternoon teadecanter of sherrythe rivercountry housespecial occasionmichelin starbeautiful buildingcream teatasting menufour poster beddownton abbeysconesbilliard roommorning rooma la carte menupublic rooms
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Wonderful relaxed stay in delightful surroundings at Llangoed Hall. Delicious food, luxurious and comfortable room, excellent, friendly service. Looking forward to a return visit soon. Stunning countryside to explore. Own produce used in imaginative and beautifully presented dishes. Looking forward to a return visit soon

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
C C M, Owner at Llangoed Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear Ginny 904
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Llangoed Hall. This is exactly the kind of experience we strive to create for each and every guest and I am pleased to hear that we were able to make stay memorable. I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team and we hope to welcome you back to Llangoed in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 October 2017

We stayed before and had a really good time. Standard seem to have dropped? Started off by sending confirmation email to someone else with similar names. Mine G N E. Email
sent to another person with G M E. Lucky for us it was someone we new and they contacted us. Not a great apology on arrival. Hotel is really nice and in a great setting.Waiter really good nice and helpful . Last visit we were given a large plate of around 10 canapes in the lounge before the meal. This time given 2 ordinary ones and a bowl of olives.Much worse effort. Last time they had 3 menus. A tasting menu, table d hote menu and an a le carte menu. This time only a table d hote menu with not a great choice. Also although some of the ingredients were really good quality , the combinations did not go well as some tastes over powered the others. Still enjoyed our visit as the hotel is lovely. Please sort out the food, back to the high standard it used to be.

Room Tip: Ensure you book the larger rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Gerallt E,
Thank you for taking the time to review Llangoed Hall.
Whilst I was delighted to read you enjoyed aspects of your stay I was naturally disappointed the visit did not live up to your expectations in regards to our menu offering. We take great pride in providing award winning cuisine and listening to guest feedback altered our menu structure to provide a more varied offering, particularly for guests who are staying for more than one night. it is concerning that you did not find the offering or the standard to be as good as before. Feedback has been good so far but we take your comments on board and will continue to monitor things going forward.
Thank you for all of your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 October 2017

We recently stayed at llangoed hall. The staff were welcoming and pleasant and the food was excellent. The room we had was a state deluxe which was lovely but for us the bed was a little too firm, but if some guests like a firm bed then it is difficult to accommodate all preferences.

The room was otherwise comfortable and the bathroom was very clean and spacious. We had a lovely view from our window.

the restaurant is beautifully decorated and has a lovely candlelit atmosphere at dinner. Breakfast was enjoyable with plenty of choice.

We will stay here again

1  Thank Sunshine51_12
C C M, Owner at Llangoed Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear Sunshine51_12,
Thank you for your review of Llangoed Hall.
I was pleased to read how much you enjoyed our hotel. I will of course pass your comments on to the team and I look forward to the opportunity to meet with you personally in the not too distant future .

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Was taken as a surprise birthday treat by my partner, I've wanted to visit for years and would tell him so every time we drive by well, this week I did. Quite often when you look forward to go somewhere it can be a bit of a let down and I wasn't feeling very well but I have to say my visit totally blew my already high expectations.
The Hall itself is a beautiful building and the elegant furnishings comfortable and inviting.
We stayed in room 2, in a word, wow.
The staff are a real asset and everyone we spoke to (especially Claire on reception) were warm and friendly as well as utterly professional. The behind the scenes staff are obviously amazing, they have a super talented chef and the grounds are superbly maintained and looked lovely even at this difficult time of year.
I certainly had a birthday to remember. I would have no hesitation in recommending this venue to dearly loved friends and family and I hope to return.

3  Thank Diane D

Dear Diane D
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review . I've passed your thanks onto all the Team .
I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

The location cannot be beaten and the drive down towards the hotel is spectacular. The staff are very friendly and welcoming and the house is a delight. It manages to be stylish, well preserved and warmly cosy, which is quite an achievement. We tried out one of the recommended walks that took us down to the river and up a nearby hill. The countryside was so pretty and peaceful and reminded me of many summer holidays spent near Brecon. There is a fabulous collection of art though we forgot to ask to view the Whistler room which has a number of valuable paintings.The food is very nice - the Tuesday menu was more imaginative than Monday but that's what you get for eating out on a Monday! Our room was gorgeous with a beautiful view. You can walk round the kitchen garden which is always a bonus. We made friends with the flocks of chickens and ducks and it was nice that we could be sure that they would be providing eggs for our breakfast. Tried not to think about them providing other sections of the menu!

Room Tip: Our room with a river view was gorgeous.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lesley B

Dear Lesley B,
May I thank you for taking the time to review Llangoed Hall.
I'm pleased to read how much you enjoyed the Hall and its grounds . I have shared your feedback with the team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.