“2 day stay”
Review of Forresters Arms

Forresters Arms
Ranked #1 of 3 Kilburn B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 June 2017

Excellent stay. Pup has so much historic character.Room comfortable with everything we needed.Staff so friendly and helpful which made our stay so enjoyable.The menu is excellent and varied and of a quality matching most good restraunts. I would recommend this pub to anyone and we will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 7 which was good.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Booked a room here ( via Booking.com not the hotel wesite) as it was close to the venue of a wedding we were attending. I was travelling from the west (Lake District) and arranged to meet my wife there as I would only arrive just in time for the wedding at 12 Midday.
My wife arrived early and asked if it were possible to check in early. She was treated as if she had asked for the crown jewels and very firmly and rudely turned away. "check in time is on our website" she was advised very brusquely. My wife returned to the Grooms parents house (where she had stayed the night before) and we then met at the wedding.
We returned to check in at 2.30pm. There was absolutely no welcome or attempt to greet us. We were given the key to our room and the lady tried to disappear. I asked if we could get in at 12.30am as that was the time of the end of the wedding. I was told in no uncertain terms that if I was not back by 11.30pm we could not get back in. Interestingly the notice in the room says 12 mid night! (see photo) I stupidly asked if it was possible to get a taxi to the wedding venue....I was pointed in the general direction of a notice board and then she was gone.
The room was OK but noisy. The bed was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was OK but we had to eat this in the bar area as the dining room was full. The gentleman serving us was polite but not very welcoming!
I have travelled the world and stayed in a vast variety of hotels and bed and breakfasts. This establishment rates as one of the worst for its customer care skills that I have ever experienced. I would suggest the staff could start by smiling at guests. You may be surprised at what this can achieve.

Room Tip: don't go there
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HG2foodies
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Arrived after a six hour drive for two night stay. Plenty of parking, spoke to the barman(owner?) He gave me the key, told me about room, breakfast etc. Would have liked a smile or welcome but none at all! Climbed stairs to room 8 which was supposed to be a superior, unsure whether it was. Terrible view, dirty bins, cooking stuff, bikes, extractors and a limited view of church spoilt by all the mess outside. Bed very comfy, bath with shower. Kettle on windowsill as was TV! Never bothered using it and didn't really see how you could either. Lots of trailing wires on floor into a multi socket! Went into bar, comfy seats. Ventured into dining room bit, empty and it stank really awful, mainly wet dog! Plenty of dogs in pub. Extracter fan outside room noisy all night but ear plugged up. No blackout curtains so woke early.
Breakfast was good but no 'good morning' at all, no interaction whatsoever! We would not stay here again!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gnasher91
Reviewed 23 May 2017

The food was of very good quality and the dining room for breakfast was very clean and the evening meal dining room was also very nice. The pub is very old world but very pleasant. We were disappointed with the room we had, it was very cramped and the kettle had to be boiled on the window sill also there was a thick black pipe thro the window frame connected to the central heating so that the outside window boxes could be watered.

Room Tip: Do not have room 3
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Visited the pub after walking part of the Cleveland Way. It is dog friendly in the bar area for meals and poor weather conditions. We sat at the front of the building looking out onto this lovely Yorkshire village. The seating is in very good condition and large enough for 6-8 people per table.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steve-3974
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilburn
10.8 km away
Byland Abbey Inn
#3 of 3 in Coxwold
4.2 km away
Newburgh House - Coxwold

Been to Forresters Arms? Share your experiences!