All reviews city centre family room friendly hotel small hotel park and ride night stay free parking min walk good nights sleep a lovely stay yogurt york hairdryer
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

We visited here for my hen do last weekend. The taxi driver from the station cheerfully informed me I had booked a hotel favoured by pensioners- initially an embarrassment but I need not have worried. Staff friendly and helpful, rooms clean although a few bits in need of repair eg shower head riser & a bit of plastic chipped off a socket. Minor detail however I enjoyed staying in a hotel with character unlike faceless chain hotels. Dinner in the hotel restaurant was delicious and lots of choice for breakfast. Staff happy to book taxis for us. Only minor comment is breakfast is very early especially on Sunday- only served until 9.30am.
Overall I would stay here again York is a lovely city (city centre a short walk from hotel) and I may well return to this hotel for a mini break with my soon to be husband!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank LizJohno2014
Reviewed 7 June 2018

I have stayed at this hotel for a few times now, and when comparing with many other hotels in York and what you get for your money, this place would be quite hard to beat. It is located around 20 minutes walking distance (at a reasonable pace) from the city centre, and I can't say for sure, but I guess that there is a bus that would run the route from the road outside the hotel as well for those that have some mobility limitations. There is free wifi that works well and unlike many B&B/Guest Houses/Hotels in York there is free parking with an ample number of spaces. The rooms that I have used, whilst being a little outdated are more than adequate, and are always clean and tidy. All staff that I interacted with have been found to be friendly and welcoming, and whilst I haven't tried the restaurant or bar, based on other experiences here, I don't think that people would be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

a nice little hotel about a mile from city centre.have stayed at a few hotels in York and couldn't fault it for the price.breakfast was plentiful and we'll cooked.staff were friendly.could do with a bit of updating but all in all a great little hotel

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Breakfast was great! The room was good for the price (small double) but couldn't find the tv remote (although not essential). Bed was comfy enough and a 1/2 hour walk to the city center. Nice walk along the river and an uber back was only £6. Staff were very friendly, polite and helpful.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We have just got back from our anniversary weekend staying in room 12 at Beechwood Close Hotel. We booked a superior room and felt very disappointed with the overall feel of the room. No bathrobe and slippers as mentioned on booking.com or for that matter a bath. The garden view was actually a view of the flat roof beneath although admittedly you could see a small corner of the garden. The shower room looked like it hadnt been updated for many years and the overall feel of the room was not superior. If this is classed as a superior room I dread to think what the standard rooms are like.
Having said this the hotel was clean and very nice downstairs and the breakfast was lovely.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple