All reviews pool area taxi boat old town massage menu possibility presentation diana reception heart adults island vacation beaches car city
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel, the presentation, staff and decor were outstanding. The pool area was beautifully designed and maintained. We went to the hotel for breakfast and decided to stay for 3 nights. I have a gluten allergy which they were sensitive to and catered for professionally. This excellent service was led by the Food and Beverage Manager, Boris. His warm and friendly demeanour and professionalism is why we decided to stay at this hotel. Also a big thank you to Marin and Ivana Dudic for the excellent service. We would highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2018

We have just come back after a 10 days vacation in this brand new hotel in the heart of the island, just five minutes walk from the city center and adults only. Here are some considerations about:
- location: few minutes walk from the old town; 10-15 min drive to Suha Punta beaches; 30 min drive to Lopar; private parking; easy arrival from the ferries' points of disembarkation;
- our room was 431 at the 4th and last floor of the hotel, king size bed; bathroom with shower but no bidet. The room has a beautiful sea and old city views ( yes!!! you can easily count the four bell towers of the old city). The balcony is south oriented so to have the possibility to hang the sun towel at th end of the day. The aircon system is not so noisy but in the usual Daikin style, it is very poweful!
- breakfast/dinner: we booked halfboard and at the end of the day it was a good decision since when you get back from the beach the most of the times you are too tired to queue at the nearest restaurant in the old town. The breakfast is very rich in everything you can desire being it italian style ( cappuccino& cornetto) or international with sausages, omelette, onions and so on; the dinner is based on a seven days menu so if you stay more than a week you will get the same choice of disches after the seventh day which , to me, was not such an issue. The waiters are always ready to serve at the tables and some of them speak different languages;
-the pool: it is very clean with lot of sun beds to choose; you are also given a towel card so to take a towel directly from the pool area and use it instead of your own one; there is a bar and a reserved area where you are allowed to access only if you upgrade in the price;
-wellness&spa: the hotel gives the possibility to book a massage which I would recommend in case of bad weather;
-beaches: the hotel offers in the price a voucher to have free taxi boat to Suha punta - Frkani beach;anyway I would recommend to take your own car and afford 10-15m drive to the locations and, yes, pay 25 kunas to park but being free to manage your own time at the beach not depending on the taxi boat; I would recommend to have a long talk to Diana next to the check-in table to be informed on all the species of beaches that "inhabit" Rab island.
- sports: the hotel has a fitness center where you have free access to; I personnally love running so I used to have long runs (8-10 km) along the sea on the paved road that sorround all the coast; just follow the early birds runners and you will find the way to it!!!
I have been travelling in Croatia since 2011 and I am honest by saying that the only place I would get back to it is definitely Rab island at the Imperial hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2018

This hotel is located on the hill at the beginning of the city center Rab. You have a few minutes to the market and shops. The hotel is renovated. Room is clean and staff in friendly, maybe even too friendly. The choice of breakfast dishes is very good. The breakfast is self-service, while a dinner is served with a warm appetizer and a main dish. The menu is changed weekly and repeated if you are in the hotel for more than a week. Hotel suggestion: prepare a two-week menu.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 22 July 2018

We enjoy this island every year when we visit it. This renewed hotel is a highlight of Rab's touristic supply. Friendly staff makes me feel like home, fresh food in the reastaurant was just perfect. Highlight of our vacation

Room tip: rooms with sea view
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed 29 June 2018

The hotel has an exceptional location in the heart of nature. Very nicely renovated, feel cozy, the food excellent. The served dinner raises the level of cuisine. Interesting is the possibility of using the beaches on the peninsula "Frkanj" (taxi boat). I would like to thank staff at the reception and in the restaurant. Special thanks to the friendly and welcoming Diana and Deborah, which with their exemplary presentation of the attractions of the island of Rab, so impressed me that I seen all corners of island and also spent pleasant hours listening to music during the event called "Kantuni". Thank you, I'm looking forward to come back. Mladen & Niko from Slovenia

Date of stay: June 2018