All reviews stumptown coffee apple tv heated toilet fire pit play board games malin goetz products game changer window shades tasty coffee hip vibe happy hour leather chairs the private beach area thoughtful touches yogurt poop bags bath products
Reviewed 15 February 2017

I loved staying at the Coachman and highly recommend it!! The rooms were very clean and spacious--with incredible details, like high end shampoos/conditioners, snacks, and pretty decor. The staff was friendly and always helpful. The hotel has a delicious breakfast out in the mornings that includes coffee, pastries, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, and homemade waffles. There is also a pretty pool and a hot tub (which is perfect after a day of skiing). The location is unbeatable too!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Hotel's style is clean and modern! Rooms decoration are really cool and practical, comfy beds, apple tv and warm toilet seats (Just great!). Common areas are so cozy and beautiful! Free Breakfast is really nice, waffles, juice, bagels, yogurt.... It is also very well located, walking distance from the gondola. Staff at reception desk was soooo nice and friendly, the gondola was closed for non skiers due to weather conditions, so my son and I were frustrated because no tubing was possible. They were really concerned about us and gave lots of suggestions of restaurants and places to spend the day. We really enjoyed our stay, would definitely stay there again!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JaneSV
Reviewed 8 January 2017

It wasn't the plan, it wasn't even a possibility really, but in all the places I could have asked her to marry me in this vast winter wonderland of Tahoe, I was compelled to do it in the lobby of our hotel. That doesn't really do it justice though, it's much more than a lobby and quite frankly the Coachman is much more than a hotel.

I carried the ring in my breast pocket for two days waiting for the right moment. And that moment came while we sat in the lobby/bar/cafe late on a Saturday night. It was quiet, we were drinking a glass of the Coachman cabernet sauvignon and a Modern Times Brewery IPA, Ray LaMontagne was serenading us from a Pandora playlist and the room was empty. I wanted to propose to her right then and there because I knew the Coachman would be our place. They've managed to build more than a hotel in this great location (they opened in March), they built a special community that is pioneered by a ridiculously friendly staff and fueled by fire pits and smore kits, hip digs and a truly unique atmosphere.

Oh and she said yes *high five. And a member of that aforementioned ridiculously friendly staff — Sebastian — was on hand to celebrate with us. He popped champagne with us, took pictures and swapped stories. He was part of this great moment in our lives and will forever be a part of the story we tell about that night at the Coachman.

Thank you Sebastian for being so awesome that night and thank you Darcy for the great tip to visit the Beacon for lunch and to the rest of the Coachman's great staff for making our brief visit so memorable.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2016

My friend and I stayed at the Coachman for three nights. As soon as you walk in the door, this place feels different to other hotels. Emily at the front desk was very friendly and personable, and went out of her way to give us advice on what to do and where to visit during our stay. It has a ‘boutique’ vibe, with the front desk serving both as a bar (with great coffee and beers) and concierge. The rooms were comfortable and practical, especially for those wishing to go skiing, as the stone floors are more amenable to snow than carpets which would normally be found at similar hotels. The breakfast was also a standout – great simple food including bagels, cereal, waffles, and a continental option for those who wish for a ‘heavier’ style of breakfast. A special mention to Kathleen, the GM, who was extremely professional and also went out of her way to help us wherever possible (plus my friend Matt thought she was a total babe!) Sebastian and Darcy were also very cool, and Jacob the assistant housekeeper helped me move my bed to find an item I lost. What a legend. Would highly recommend this hotel for the discerning traveller looking for a cool, relaxed and intimate environment to spend time off the slopes.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 December 2016

This place is amazing. Amazing staff, amazing coffee, amazing location. You are right off the strip from the casinos and right next to restaurants and eateries, Heavenly Village.

Oh and free breakfast. Awesome! Thank you.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple