All reviews stumptown coffee apple tv heated toilet fire pit play board games malin goetz products game changer window shades tasty coffee hip vibe happy hour leather chairs the private beach area thoughtful touches yogurt poop bags bath products
Reviewed 8 March 2016

What a gem! I've stayed at The Coachman twice now and had a fantastic experience throughout both occasions. Nestled among outdated motels and corporate casinos, The Coachman offers that rare combination of affordability within a high quality setting. The location is phenomenal - just a few blocks from the Heavenly gondola. The furnishings are unique and provide a refreshing touch of class - high end towels and linens, custom leather chairs, superb Malin+Goetz toiletries, Stumptown coffee, etc. The lounge / bar area is inviting, with a trendy and fun yet also relaxing atmostphere. And, I can't forget the gigantic hot tub! Plenty of room for everyone without it getting awkward. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Emily T
Reviewed 4 March 2016

What a great weekend! I've been skiing in Tahoe for a number of years but always struggled to find fun places to stay. The Coachman has fixed that. With a great bar; fire pits; and a new hot tub, the Coachman has both great amenities and a fun vibe. The rooms are clean and comfortable with clever design touches. Walking distance from the Heavenly gondola and casinos, the Coachman is ideally situated. I highly recommend this hotel and am planning to return later this season.

1  Thank Jonathan M
Reviewed 3 March 2016

The Coachman is one of those rare gems that truly has it all!

1. PHENOMENAL LOCATION within walking distance to both the slopes, the beach (summertime) and the downtown casinos + restaurants making it easy to park your car upon arrival and trek around exploring on foot the remainder of your stay.
2. CLEAN, COMFORTABLE and IMPECCABLY DESIGNED ROOMS + COMMON AREA. My husband and I both tend to struggle for a good nights sleep when we aren't in our own bed but the Coachman set up was so comfortable we both slept like babies. Great quality linens and pillows.
3. HEATED TOILET SEAT. I had no idea I needed this in my life until the Coachman made me realize it's all I really need in life. Total game changer!
4. FRIENDLY STAFF/OWNERS have thought of everything to make your stay special. They are very knowledgeable about the South Lake area and are quick to offer suggestions on where to find the best breakfast sandwich in town, the best slopes to ski or hikes to explore.
5. SNACKS ON SNACKS in the room's mini bars are on another level. As a self proclaimed pain in the butt foodie I couldn't help but beam with excitement at the assortment of local, organic goodies and drinks to choose from. From granola and salted caramels to hit your sweet tooth to grass fed beef jerky and Stumptown cold brew I can guarantee you will never find a snack bar situation as on point.
6. WINTER + SUMMER VACATIONS...as in I can't wait to come back in the summer because The Coachman is clearly a destination to enjoy any time of year. The massive outdoor fire pit was awesome with smores in the snow so it only seems fair to give it a shot with cocktails in the summer as well.

Trust me and make your trip to Tahoe that much more special with a stay at The Coachman, maybe I will see you there because I will most definitely be returning.

Room Tip: You can't get a bad room!
1  Thank Kelsey S
Reviewed 2 March 2016

I'm an avid snowboarder. I go on one or two trips every year and have even spent two entire Winters as a ski bum in Utah. I've ridden Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Montana, Oregon, and Tahoe several times.

And I can tell you the Coachman was the perfect getaway for me. Super easy access to the gondola up to Heavenly. I just grabbed my board and walked over. Tons of food options in the area. Great tacos, pizza, and fine dining as well. And for nightlife, several breweries and casinos also in walking distance.

The hotel itself is a great establishment. The bar/outdoor firepits/lobby area is perfect for grabbing a beer after the mountain. Had a blast cooking up smores in the evening. And the giant hot tub is a great way to end the day and relax.

Inside, my room had a great spot to put all my snow gear. The beds were extremely comfortable and high quality. And the linens were some of the softest I've ever used.

I was a bit worried as I had heard that low flow California showers can be a drag. But when I got it, I was pleasantly surprised that it operated at full flow and was hot almost immediately.

Overall, it was a terrific experience. (30 inches of snow didn't hurt) And I'm already planning a return visit over summer. (The hotel is also walking distance to the beach)

Room Tip: King bedroom offers two extraordinarily comfy chairs for relaxing after a long day on the slopes.
1  Thank Todd S
Reviewed 1 March 2016

I just stayed at The Coachman and its really unbelievable what they've done with the place. An old unmemorable motel in the south lake strip has become a true diamond in the rough. The rooms are perfectly comfortable with all the amenities you'd need - incredibly comfy bed with high quality sheets, the softest towels you've ever used, a large HD TV equipped with Apple TV. The toilet is even heated - nice touch! But the best part is the common area/bar/cafe/lounge area... They've decked out with beautiful decor for that mountain feel and lots of games to keep you and your friends entertained. The owners have an immaculate attention to detail - this place is going to be a big success. Not to mention the location... walking distance to Heavenly, casinos if you're into that, lots of bars and restaurants!

1  Thank Adi J